News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: i know we like eagles, but how about ponies?  (Read 30302 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
i know we like eagles, but how about ponies?
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »
Its funny, before I found the eagle, I was looking at a chevette, t100 (Pontiacs chevette) a Vega, and even a pinto.  Its just my style of car I guess. 
So this is, what's your favorite non eagle car, and what body styling do you like the best?  I've always been big on muscle cars.  I love styling like the Datsun 240 z (wad going to be getting one last summer, but fell out) and the Mazda rx7.  I also have always loved louvers and t tops.  I recently fell in love with dodge Daytona's and Chrysler lasers, but mostly the early model. 84-87.  The inside is awesome to me, including the digital dash.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up a video. For an 80s car, that's some sweet tech.  Probably the coolest dash even.  I'm getting a 2nd Gen Daytona, soon with t tops and louvers, but it's not the turbo version.  Someday I'm going to get a turbo car.
I also would like to find a mid engine car someday.  So that's my style, what's yours?

P.s.  the big difference between me and my brother, is the logo. I love the amc eagle, he likes the talon.  I call him a commie!   :P.  Would you believe me if I said he also likes big sound systems and body kits? 

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
Re: i know we like eagles, but how about ponies?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »
I've owned quite a few vehicles over the years. One being an '89 Dodge Daytona.
My love before Eagles was Stangs, especially the fox body. And anything that could get me into trouble.
And as you can see I was even into the real ponies too.

Sorry that the picture quality is a bit poor, these are pictures of pictures.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
I'm a hatchback/wagon guy myself. I like pretty much any and all wagons! I learned how to drive stick on an '85 Rx7 and the first car I ever bought with my own money was an '89 Dodge Daytona. Sadly it was just a base model and not the cooler Shelby!

Here are a list of the cars I've owned in the past. Pretty much sums up my taste in cars.

1989 Cavalier Stationwagon - was my dad's work vehicle he gave to me when I turned 16.
1985 Rx7 - dad let me sell it for him and I'd get the money. I drove it for about a month before selling it.
1989 Dodge Daytona - first car I ever bought.
2002 Focus ZX3 - Bought as a more reliable car to get me to and from college.
1996 Ranger - Sold the ZX3 to found the truck and a motorcycle.
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - First car I ever financed. Got a raise so decided to step my game up.
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon - Decided the 330 monthly payment was too much on the Speed3.
1992 Ford Festiva - Bought to save money on gas.
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Bought to be a bit more reliable than the Festiva.
1983 SX/4 - bought back in April after I decided to get back into Eagles! :) It's a work in progress.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:32:49 PM »
Old school styled Jeeps.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 08:42:27 PM »
if I could have any non AMC cars I would choose in no particular order a 1957 Chevy Bel-air 2 door hardtop, a 1966 Ford Mustang convertible, a 1969 Dodge Charger 440 six-pack, a 1979 Pontiac Sunbird 2 door hardtop, a 1985 Chevy El Camino SS, a 1983 Toyota AE86 GTS hatchback, a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR, and a 1991 Nissan 240sx hatchback.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
Old school styled Jeeps.

I'd love to have one of those old Willys pickup trucks.  I found this one in the junkyard and have been wanting one ever since.  This thing was a beast!!

1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
Old school styled Jeeps.

I'd love to have one of those old Willys pickup trucks.  I found this one in the junkyard and have been wanting one ever since.  This thing was a beast!!

Went to pick up some propane tanks for my brother, and this guy nearby had one of these tucked away in his back yard. Not my style, but I can appreciate a cool car. Wanted to

ask about it, but they didn't look like the chatty type. Plus it was cold outside, and I wanted to leave. :P

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:21:43 AM »
I need that box! Especially the rear fenders!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 12:39:38 AM »
Um, why the heck did that thing end up in the Junkyard!!!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 01:01:10 PM »
I pretty much like hatchbacks, weather its a shorter hatch like the eagle, or a longer body like the Daytona, or 240z.  I have to think if I was driving a notchback, I'd have to rethink my life.  I know there was a mustang notchback, but it's still not my favorite.
I had a friend who knew nothing about cars, and his dad bought him a Fiero.  Thought he was so cool.  I think of them in disgust too. 

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 11:00:55 PM »
I like fox body mustangs

Had a 93 GT convertible 5.0 5 speed, nothing sounds quite like them and they are quick!

However I sold it to buy another AMC....it's a disease
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Monkeyjoe

• What greater man is than one who gives his life for his friends
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
  • If you want to look common, buy a Ferrari
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 01:55:20 AM »
I used to own a 69 Chevelle and a 68 Buick Special Deluxe Hard Top.  Love those older cars.  My second favorite in the stables right now is the 1927 T with the 1939 Lincoln Zephyr V12 motor.  My SX4 is my favorite, I love the fast back, 2 door.  Each one of my vehicles has its own favor with me.  The Caddy Escalade is my favorite long distance road trip vehicle.  My dodge is a heavy duty 1 ton with the 12 valve Cummins it is my toy hauler, My 1967 Scout 800, well it is just really cool.  The 1960 F100 is just a bullet proof truck, it will still be running 50 years from now and I love the body style, the Chevys both have the 5.7l 350, nothing easier or cheaper to work on and keep on the road.
I JUST TELL MY WIFE "SOME PEOPLE COLLECT STAMPS"
1982 AMC Eagle SX4, (Little Beast)
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon, (Gold Digger)
1992 Dodge, Cummins, 1 Ton Duelly (Big Red)
1967 International Scout 800 (Scooter)
1988 Chevy k1500
1960 Ford F100
1927 Model T, Hotrod(Daddys Girl)
1961 Willys FC150 (Scat)
1978 Honda CB750
1971 Honda CB350

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 08:18:29 AM »
My grandfather had a '59 or '60 F100, with the 292 Y-block V8. I wish I knew then what I know now. Had I known I would not have let that truck out of my sight.

Just around the corner from the house sits what I think is a '60 F700 . It has quad headlights and big front fender extensions. It probably has the 330 cu in engine that Ford put in Lincolns of the time. It looks like a beast. I wish I had a use for something like that so I could justify buying it.

Past residents of our household include '63 and '74 International 3/4-ton 4-wheel-drive pickups. I don't miss the '63; that pickup had 6-lug tube-type wheels that are impossible to find today. It had a host of other oddities that made it difficult to buy parts, even in its heyday. The '74 was much better. It had typical 8-hole wheels that just about everything with Dana axles used. It used Saginaw steering gear and a Holley distributor. Had it not been afflicted with severe rust I probably would still have it.

As if one couldn't tell, I like big gnarly old iron. I was a trucker for a bunch of years, so I came upon it honestly. :eagle:

1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »
Um, why the heck did that thing end up in the Junkyard!!!

I'm sure that was one of those situations where it had sat in somebody's garage or back yard for so many years, they either died or their significant other finally said "Get rid of that thing!!!"

And rather than trying to sell it they took the quick way out and sold it for scrap.  That was a nice truck, I really feel bad about missing out on that one.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:54 AM »
I like fox body mustangs

Had a 93 GT convertible 5.0 5 speed, nothing sounds quite like them and they are quick!

However I sold it to buy another AMC....it's a disease

Don't know how much you'd know, as I don't know much about mustangs, but I found an ad for 2 82 mercury capris in good condition, (ones a parts car) they both run, one has t tops, never been deiven in winter, ECT.  1000 big ones.  Any idea if that's a good deal? From my lurking last night, I think so, somewhere said they're becoming more rare.  Not a big fan of mustangs, or this frame of thought, but being its got a good following, one would think you could sell the both fairly quickly. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk