News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My first insult  (Read 26122 times)

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
My first insult
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
I was at the paint shop the other day matching up some weatherstripping and a regular came in to buy paint.  He was doing some work at the counter and must have overheard our intense conversation about cross sections and what not.  He says "What re you fixing up, an old Blazer?", to which I reply "Nah, an AMC Eagle."  He says "Oh. They stopped making those for a reason."  No one laughed or really payed any attention to him after that.

Not much of a story, but this is the place to tell it!
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: My first insult
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:57:11 PM »
Yeah. They stopped making Olds and Pontiac too! Wonder if he feels the same about them? I believe I would have told him to kiss off! My tolerence for those kind of people is rather short!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
Several of my friends say that same thing. They just don't understand. All they know about AMC are the few bad characteristics they have had. No one seems to want to acknowledge the fact that pretty much the same 258 engine was used in the Cherokee up until 2000.

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »
I can't wait to see today's cars matching our Eagle's 165k miles and 28 years with the same grace that our Eagle has.

I used to own an International pickup. The smart-aleck at the counter of what was then the friendly local house of parts derided the pickup as "Inter-trash-onal". When I sold the pickup it had 200k miles on its original engine and was being driven daily.

I don't know what became of the pickup, but the parts house is out of business. Would one suppose this attitude is why the parts house is out of business ???
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »
Man, I never hear comments like that. I'm kind of hoping for one, so I can put them on the spot and make them feel like a moron.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:17:23 AM by eaglefreek »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:41:43 PM »
I get this comment a lot.  I honestly catch quite a bit of crap for the AMC... go figure
Fleet:

1987 AMC Wagon 4.0L, 3" Body lift, AX15, NP242
1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1969 Mustang (A Mach 1 with a 351)
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 02:50:04 AM »
I can't wait to see today's cars matching our Eagle's 165k miles and 28 years with the same grace that our Eagle has.

I used to own an International pickup. The smart-aleck at the counter of what was then the friendly local house of parts derided the pickup as "Inter-trash-onal". When I sold the pickup it had 200k miles on its original engine and was being driven daily.

I don't know what became of the pickup, but the parts house is out of business. Would one suppose this attitude is why the parts house is out of business ???
I call them Intersmashables and more, but I still have 2 1/2 of them! ;)
I'm driving one to the scrapyard soon (I'm hoping I get an Aircast for my upper arm tomorrow so I can get back to getting things DONE! The one on my forearm made life MUCH better! Wish I'd found it earlier today!)
   The '71 Loadstar 1800 would make a great Eagle hauler (18' tilt deck could handle 2 SX4s and a hitch could haul a big trailer too!)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:57:26 AM »
I get that too from time to time and it always gets under my skin....I had a kid say basically the same to me at a parts store....you can only imagine how funny it was when I saw him pedaling to work one morning on a cheesy 10 speed. The next time I stopped in I made a point to compliment him on his sweet ride and how my 12 year old niece has one just like it.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:19:01 AM »
I had one parts guy say something negative when I said I needed something for the eagle. I politely aske him why the distaste, he really didn't know what to say, so he just blabbered "they're a pain to find stuff for".  I politely said to the lad, "well, maybe if you knew how to do your job properly, you wouldn't have such a hard time." He didn't like that very much  :rotfl: . I then proceeded to show him how to find what I wanted, and actually showed a little gratitude for doing so.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 10:37:52 PM »
I had one parts guy say something negative when I said I needed something for the eagle. I politely aske him why the distaste, he really didn't know what to say, so he just blabbered "they're a pain to find stuff for".  I politely said to the lad, "well, maybe if you knew how to do your job properly, you wouldn't have such a hard time." He didn't like that very much  :rotfl: . I then proceeded to show him how to find what I wanted, and actually showed a little gratitude for doing so.

Always with the parts guy hate ;)
Fleet:

1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline dkoug

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • 85 Eagle Basic
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
Chev Dealer

When I drove a 89 Buick La Sable not problem with the boy's out back to help keep it on the road.
 Replaced it with my 82 Eagle and just got ridiculed and no tech would help on the few occasions I could use some.

The funny/sad part they where dropping engines, transmissions and rear ends frequently on a few year old GMC cars still probably not paid for.

dkoug :amc:

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
The common comment I get is "There is still an AMC Eagle on the road?"
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »

One of my favorites for me is "you have an AMC Eagle?" then I reply "I have two"
Fleet:

1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 03:31:38 AM »
the one i hear the most is "what kind of car is that?" and when i tell them it's an AMC Eagle i get "never heard of it, what company made it?" then when i tell them American Motors Company i get "who?" and then those that do know what it is either say how much they miss the one that they used to have or one a family member used to have or i get the "why would you want to own one of those?" to which i reply "because it's a cool car" which usually gets a confused look.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 07:20:20 AM »
...He says "What re you fixing up, an old Blazer?", to which I reply "Nah, an AMC Eagle."  He says "Oh. They stopped making those for a reason."...

Shame you didn't think to remind him that the Chevrolet Blazer is not longer in production either. ::)

I'd like to ask him how many vehicle models have been in production since the dawn of the automobile.  I can think of zero.  All models have their production run, some just longer then others.
I am what Willis was talking about.

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »

:rotfl: I myself am a parts guy (gm dealer) so I have a very low tolerance for that sort of thing. I try my best to be civilized though ;D lol.
81 SX4- gf's
CNY

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:07 PM »

:rotfl: I myself am a parts guy (gm dealer) so I have a very low tolerance for that sort of thing. I try my best to be civilized though ;D lol.

Yep Everyone knows more than the guy behind the counter. 
Fleet:

1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline Ohio AMX

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:21 PM »
I was at the paint shop the other day matching up some weatherstripping and a regular came in to buy paint.  He was doing some work at the counter and must have overheard our intense conversation about cross sections and what not.  He says "What re you fixing up, an old Blazer?", to which I reply "Nah, an AMC Eagle."  He says "Oh. They stopped making those for a reason."  No one laughed or really payed any attention to him after that.

Let people think that. More Eagles for the rest of us!  :occasion14:
Visit the 1977 Hornet AMX Registry at CarNutDirect.com

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:35 AM »
I don't get alot of haters, I'm lucky in the fact that quite a few people in this province had these cars at one time or another.  Another good thing is this is 'Redneck' province and city.  Anything 4x4 is good here.

Now, I will run into the odd idiot, who thinks it's a pacer, but so far, most of it has been pretty good encounters.

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 05:22:50 AM »
Now, I will run into the odd idiot, who thinks it's a pacer, but so far, most of it has been pretty good encounters.
I encounter this more than anything around here. The worst part is the horrible problems with this car STILL aren't over. I really need to redo the whole vehicle. It's seriously becoming scrap-worthy.
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
One of my employees had a part sitting on the counter I immediately identified it as a Subaru part (I'm a long time parts guy).  He asked if I knew so much about Subaru's because of working on my Subaru... I paused... thought a minute... and asked if he thought my Big Wagon was a Subaru.  In his defense in his world the only 4x4 car he has heard of is a Subaru.  I will always take an opportunity to teach.
Fleet:

1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
I will always take an opportunity to teach.

That's all it takes, many stores (and dealerships) around here do not do that anymore. Back when I first started in the parts world, I was told not to even think about using the computer, books only until I completely understood how to use them. Everyone was trained that way, there wasn't a bad parts person in the store. Times changed, computer system changed, management changed, of course then training changed, it then consisted of "play around with the computer, if you can't find it, it's not available". Dealerships can be even worse, especially commission based ones, they throw you to the wolves and tell you to figure it out on your own. Guys above you, want you to be dumb so they can make more (just like flat rate techs). Anyway, lol, good to hear you're willing to train your employees.
81 SX4- gf's
CNY

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »

That's all it takes, many stores (and dealerships) around here do not do that anymore. Back when I first started in the parts world, I was told not to even think about using the computer, books only until I completely understood how to use them. Everyone was trained that way, there wasn't a bad parts person in the store. Times changed, computer system changed, management changed, of course then training changed, it then consisted of "play around with the computer, if you can't find it, it's not available". Dealerships can be even worse, especially commission based ones, they throw you to the wolves and tell you to figure it out on your own. Guys above you, want you to be dumb so they can make more (just like flat rate techs). Anyway, lol, good to hear you're willing to train your employees.

Happened to me when I worked at the Ford dealership. The mechanics started coming to me at the walk-in customer desk because the back counter guy kept getting them the wrong parts (3 wrong, then the right) to pad his sales. He walked into the main office and demanded I be fired.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »

Where I come from insulting a man's car is not quite but almost as bad as insulting a man's wife, mother, dog or gun.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline maddog

• Thumbs Up 45
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »
i got a new one today concerning Eagle Eyes a new girl at work told me she's surprised my car runs at all considering how it looks. she looked surprised when i told her looks ain't everything because i don't care how it looks as long as runs and drives.

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 06:50:03 AM »
i got a new one today concerning Eagle Eyes a new girl at work told me she's surprised my car runs at all considering how it looks. she looked surprised when i told her looks ain't everything because i don't care how it looks as long as runs and drives.

I'm afraid we live in a throw-away society now.  That's why all the i-somethings come with a sealed case, so you can't change the battery when it won't hold a charge anymore.  All of my wife's friends are dumbfounded because I repair the house and the cars myself.  They've tried to borrow me as their husbands are fairly worthless.  I tried to help a couple of them out but 'kids' these days do not want to learn, they just want someone to do it for them.  After a couple of those experiences I gave up as I have my own to-do lists at home.

My wife's car wouldn't start after work one Friday.  I picked her up and hauled the car home with the truck and trailer.  Before I arrived her weasel of a boss was trying to tease her and asked what I was going to do with the car, fix it?  She told him flatly that she would be driving it to work Monday...and she did.  Her boss was astonished and had a hard time understanding that I repaired it at home.  What an idiot.

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »

ALL THE TIME!! Or..."I haven't seen one of those in 20 years!" Yeah, ok......
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
Here's one:

I was 'talked' into bringing my eagle to a 'Show n' Shine' last year (more like told to by my car club), and someone took a picture of it, posted it on Flicker, and started a 'does this belong at a car show' topic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/6190114959/

Now I'm sure it was more of "is this car in showroom shape" kind of comment, and not "does an eagle belong at a car show" but it did get some good replies from other people - Including me.  I also posted (under the user name Whuntmore) and I got some others defending that it should be there.

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »
it did get some good replies from other people - Including me. 

Good for you! First of all, our cars are worth defending. Besides our Jeep friends, there really is not another borderline-classic car that drivers use both for collectability and utilitarian uses. Great article from the NY Times a few years ago stating this....I think the article is in the archives; if not, I will provide a link.
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline George Mann

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »

I encounter this more than anything around here. The worst part is the horrible problems with this car STILL aren't over. I really need to redo the whole vehicle. It's seriously becoming scrap-worthy.

Perhaps you should find another in better condition, and use the one you have now as a parts-car.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline maddog

• Thumbs Up 45
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 03:00:09 AM »
well that girl at work found out just how well Eagle Eyes runs today when she couldn't get a ride to the closest gas station from anyone else.

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
Throw away society is right.  Being 24 I see it all the time with my generation.  On weekends I work at a small record store repairing turntables and stereos for people.  Since it's in a college town we get a lot of customers (the kids are into LPs, as am I).  I see those :censored: USB turntables all the time.  They're built terribly and sound mediocre at best.  I can't fix them because they don't offer parts or service manuals and everything is press-on plastic.  The sad part is, I see older guys throw away their nice older Technics, Denons, Duals, JVCs all the time because they wanted to buy a new turntable (typically the $10 belt just needs replacing, or it needs a $20 stylus).  What do they buy?  They buy this disposable POS USB thing with a plastic platter, bushings instead of bearings and a $15 cartridge while their nice, better sounding, better built Technics rots in a landfill.  "But this one is new.  Newer is better." they say.   :banghead:
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
And don't get me started on those old timey-looking ones.   ::)
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
There used to be something called "brand loyalty".  Everyone knew that if you wanted a nice TV, you bought a Sony.  Even their tagline was "It's a Sony." for years.  If you wanted a good blank tape, you bought Maxell or TDK.  You knew that Pioneer, Marantz, Nakamichi and Sansui were top names in audio and you saved and saved to invest in a nice system.  You also bought them in stores that specialized in audio and would let you test what you wanted to buy.  Now it seems no one cares.  The majority buys their headphones from whatever Wal-Mart offers at the lowest price.  The headphones break in a month and they go right back and buy the same no-name brand again.  After three pairs they could have spent that amount once on a name brand pair that would not only be built betterand last, but most likely sound better, too.  I've seen those USB turntables at Staples.. an office supply store.  How does that make any sense?

With so many "green" young people, they should really think about were their cell phones end up when they ditch them in a month for the next new piece of crap that only has slightly better features than their last one.  The companies plan it that way to appeal to the least common denominator.  Sadly, most consumers now fall into this category.

I'm done ranting.  I could go on for hours on this topic.  My apologies if I offended anyone.  I just tells it like I sees it.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline maddog

• Thumbs Up 45
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
i'm 29 and i don't get why people do this i have a Panasonic record player from the 80's that i was given four years ago because they said it was obsolete and no one uses records anymore. i still play 33's on it and it still sounds good, heck i still have a working VCR which is from the late 90's (also a Panasonic). unfortunately most things these days are designed to brake or quit working after a year or two so that you will go out and buy a new one just to do it all over again.

Offline captspillane

• The Perkiomen Eagle Sanctuary
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 137
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
I think brand loyalty died when every brand name decided to start selling the exact same junk as the no-name companies. It's the way of the world. Benchmade used to be a top of the line, US made $300 to $800 knife brand. Now they have the Benchmade butterfly on a $100 overseas made knife. It's still the best you can get for the price, but there isn't much difference between that and any other junk name. "Remington" is written on the worst knife I ever owned. It's the cheapest most unsafe terrible knife ever made and they stuck a familiar name brand on it. The best part is that not a single Remington employee is probably involved in the knife. The firearms company probably just sold the rights to the name to a Chinese company and forgot about it. It is getting harder and harder to find any company selling stuff designed to be maintained and repaired.

I'm 25 years old. It's interesting how different we are than the typical people our age, but that's exactly why we love AMC Eagles.
Currently Inspected and Insured as of Jan 2013:
-1985 Eagle Station Wagon 258 T5 Stickshift
-1980 Eagle Station Wagon 258 Auto Fuel-injected with GM TBI

Minor Repairs Underway:
-1982 Eagle SX4 258 T5
-1981 Kammback 2.5L Iron Duke T5

Restoration Efforts Near Completion:
-1982 SX4- 401 NV3550
-1983 SX4- 4.5 MPI NSG370 (6 Speed)

Restoration Efforts Underway:
-1985 SW- 4.0 MPI AX15
-1982 SX4- 4.0 AW4
-1981 SX4- SD33T NV4500 (Turbodiesel 5 speed)

Future Rescue Efforts- '85 Maroon SW, '87 Limited SW, '84 Limited SW, '87 4 door Sedan, '81 2 door Sedan, '88 White SW, '77 4 door Hornet, '74 2 door Hornet, '79 Spirit AMX, '81 Kammback.

RIP- Red '81 SX4, '84 4dr Sedan, '84 SW, '81 SW, '80 Spirit, '83 SW, '83 4dr Sedan

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:51 AM »
...but that's exactly why we love AMC Eagles.

Amen
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Had a guy insult mine in the parking lot awhile back. Can't remember exactly what he said but it was somewhere along the lines of "I hate those AMC's they are junk!" I noticed that he got out of a KIA of all things and replied "Well I'd like to see hour your KIA holds up after 30 years and 250k miles." After that he was speechless 8)  ;D
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:41 AM »
i work at an automotive repair shop...one guy who thinks anything with wheels and an engine is junk...

I've known people like this.  People who choose a job and then hate it are just unhappy people.  Wish they would quit and go away.  They are the kind of people that could win a huge lottery and still be unhappy.  Go figure.

I just have to laugh. :P

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
i work at an automotive repair shop...one guy who thinks anything with wheels and an engine is junk...

Guilty  :-[ Can't stand new cars, they're all throw away junk, love to see anything old roaming the streets though, amc, gm, ford, chryco,  even imports8)   

On the other hand, pretty much everyone I work with (between two shops) agrees with this theory, if they weren't junk, none of us would have jobs, so we're happy and greatful they're all junk  :rotfl: .
81 SX4- gf's
CNY

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »
^^^^ thats his thoughts!!! he hates ANY cars now days. lol. not ALL cars really. he is just hiarious to listen to. nothing but a cuss fest, and the craziest things come out of him. he basically has no preferance. all vehicles have their own issues.
From what I've learned, the news cars are engineered to be throwaway. The older cars usually outlast their owners. I know my Eagle has outlived at least 3 owners now. The issues aren't really the vehicles themselves. They just suffer the wrong owner or driver.
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk