News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What a Saturday!  (Read 4369 times)

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
What a Saturday!
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
Well I decided to take the Eagle to the autoparts store to pickup a new power steering hose for my truck.  While waiting at the counter for the part, three guys from the store make their way out the door and are all over the Eagle.  That always makes you smile a bit.  They were all younger guys and they gave it a good look over.  Then they see me looking at them and one asks if if was mine, I say yes and he says "that's slick" or some other postive descriptive adjective.  Cool!  So I'm heading home sitting at a stop sign and a guy in a Black Cherokee makes the turn and abruptly stops, backs up and says, "that's an Eage, right?", I say yes it is, he asks "can you take it out of 4wd so it's just RWD?", Yes again,  "258 6-cyl, right?", yes once more.  Says "that's nice" and then motors off.

A little recognition goes a long way to make your day.  It sure made mine better.
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline Roadmaster

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 21
Re: What a Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »
sounds like a good day to me!
i always get a kick out of the people "rubber necking" when i go buy as they gawk at my Eagle
1985 Eagle Sedan
had an 86 Eagle wagon
had an 83 Eagle limited wagon
miss my Roadmaster Estate

Williamsport, PA

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 01:09:49 AM »
that's awesome when it's that kind of day, but it's still good even when all you get is a 'thumbs up'. 

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:05:27 AM »
It's always reassuring when the younger generations are interested in these cars....with cross overs being all the hype these cars are beginning to get some well deserved attention.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk