News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3rd times the charm  (Read 10490 times)

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: 3rd times the charm
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
Update on that car

WE BOUGHT IT! Also, new plans. I'm going to do a full drivetrain swap. Im swapping the 4.2 and trans from the donor into my eagle. It sounds like the engine was rebuilt/modded. It has an Offenhauser intake on it, with a 4 barrel. And given that its been freshly rebuilt, ill trust that over the one that's sitting in the car right now. So full engine and trans swap, anddddd that should just about solve most of my problems. Ill post pictures when I actually am able to get to work. Until then, anyone have a really nice write-up about the full drivetrain swap?

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 08:06:30 PM »
All sounds like great news!

I am a big believer in the Monroe MA700 air shock for the rear of these cars. We just finished building my sons SX/4 and the springs were flat, like Kansas flat. We installed some Monroes and can dial in ride height as we want. Yes it is a bit stiffer but it handles so much better.

Anyways can't wait to see the updates!
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »
A question with the 4V how much is too much?? I've read a lot about the Holley 390, and I've seen the argument go either way. My engine is stock, but it would be sitting on the Offy intake. would I need a cam and a header to warrant that addition??

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 11:44:52 AM »
I picked up the parts car Sunday. I took pictures, but I'm still struggling with posting them here. ill have to take some time with photo bucket. The trans looks good. The car definitely hit hard, and now its a few inches shorter. but I think the slip yoke saved the Tranny. Ill be working after school today to see if it has all of its gears, and trying to pull it out of the donor. On the topic of that OFFY intake. It has a 650 on it, wayyyyy to much carb. ill stick with the motorcraft swap. Ill be taking the metal valve cover. and the exhaust. Hopefully she'll be road worthy soon!

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 11:07:01 AM »
Well. In between  school and work, I haven't had much time to get after the eagle. and if you wouldn't believe it, were having a snow storm as I sit and write this. It's gonna be cutting it close to see if I can get her running.

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »
What problem are you having posting pictures?
Is it a error?
Let me know I should be able to fix it up for you.
Thanks,
Taylor
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 11:06:28 AM »
Its not an error, I tried doing it from my phone, I just think because its on mobile it doesn't want to. ill email them to myself and then ill try it from my laptop

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 05:01:57 PM »
I only use my android to upload photos or do anything else without handicaps.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »
I've tried about a million times to upload photos through the site. What other ways can I do it? Most times it tried to act like I'm making a brand new thread, where as other times, it tell me the attachment can't be saved.

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 11:54:59 AM »
I factory reset my phone, so, no more pictures. But!

The trans is out of the donor. I'm not going to go through the hassle of separating the transfer case from the trans. So next step is get the trans/transfer case out of mine, and swap in the "new" one.
Front drive question. Ive got wiggle in my drivers side front tire. Where should I be looking for issues?

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
Might be a broken belt in the tire. Might be a warped rotor. Might be something else. When do you notice it? Driving or braking? Have you raised it off the ground and spun it around?

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2019, 06:56:41 PM »
Raise it off the ground and check side to side for wobble, than check for top to bottom wobble.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
Car doesn't drive yet. I wish. I had it up on Jack's. I'll check for top to bottom wiggle. But all I know is the left to right wiggles pretty bad. It's hot about a quarter inch of play.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 02:57:37 PM »
Tie rods are left to right.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4