News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:48:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What to do? 2014 Meet planning.  (Read 21934 times)

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
What to do? 2014 Meet planning.
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »
Hey everyone. With all of the chaos with the forums over the last year, it has been a long time since there has been a "National" meet. I, for instance, have never been able to attend one. The first wasn't long after I got mine, and it certainly was not up to the task then. Lets use this board for ideas for locations, times, etc. Maybe once we get a few ideas, we can put up a poll to start planning.
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: What to do? 2014 Meet planning.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
Regional meets seem to work best.   In the past we have also had European members visit.  It would be great if we could see some VAM folks and their cars as well.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
I do believe this year is the bi-annual AMC Eagle meet in CO at the Eagle Motel. It's probably going to be the largest gathering of Eagles this year and should certainly get the 2014 International Eagle Meet stamp...even if we don't have anyone there but USA guys. We like to leave it open for anyone outside the states to come. Besides that hopefully the new Map being created can help some others find more regional guys to have little mini meets. If I remember correctly the Eagle Motel meet is usually one of the weekends in October. There are also Captspillane's 2 annual meets he has started doing every years.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »
I do believe this year is the bi-annual AMC Eagle meet in CO at the Eagle Motel. It's probably going to be the largest gathering of Eagles this year and should certainly get the 2014 International Eagle Meet stamp...even if we don't have anyone there but USA guys. We like to leave it open for anyone outside the states to come. Besides that hopefully the new Map being created can help some others find more regional guys to have little mini meets. If I remember correctly the Eagle Motel meet is usually one of the weekends in October. There are also Captspillane's 2 annual meets he has started doing every years.

That's what I had thought, and I would REALLY like to make that trip this year. We probably need someone to plan though. I could definitely help, although it would most likely be useful for someone more out west to take up a bulk of it. I have already begun planning for this personally as I would like to swing down through AZ to visit family then head back to Ohio. I want to make a two week road trip out of it.

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
Closer to the event Terry from the Rambler ranch usually signs on and gives us a bit more info on everything.

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »
Is he the one who organizes it? Also, is he aware of the "updated" forums?

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
I'll be glad to help coordinate things with Terry as the time gets closer.  Like Rafe said, its usually in early October, and includes a quick tour of the Ranch on Saturday morning, a drive to the Eagle Motel with a couple stops along the way, and dinner at the german restaurant.  No organized activities on Sunday, although most people grabbed breakfast at the same restaurant just down the street from the motel.  A few Nest members gathered at the Ranch on Friday and spent a good 8 hours touring and helping Terry get some of his Eagles ready.  Its really a fun time!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 12:48:18 AM »
I'll be glad to help coordinate things with Terry as the time gets closer.  Like Rafe said, its usually in early October, and includes a quick tour of the Ranch on Saturday morning, a drive to the Eagle Motel with a couple stops along the way, and dinner at the german restaurant.  No organized activities on Sunday, although most people grabbed breakfast at the same restaurant just down the street from the motel.  A few Nest members gathered at the Ranch on Friday and spent a good 8 hours touring and helping Terry get some of his Eagles ready.  Its really a fun time!
Thank you Dave for helping on this.  The last Eagle Motel trip was a blast!  This is one meet you don't want to miss.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »
I've been wanting to make the Rambler Ranch tour and the Eagle Motel run since I first heard about it. 2014 will be the year that I will finally be able to make it.

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »
I've been wanting to make the Rambler Ranch tour and the Eagle Motel run since I first heard about it. 2014 will be the year that I will finally be able to make it.   (sorry, hit this twice)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:07:44 PM by ISOAR »

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
Awesome news! Can't wait to see one of your Kammbacks there!

Offline ISOAR

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to meeting some members in person. I've been given some very helpful advice from them in the past and it has been very much appreciated.

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
I would be willing to help out with an Eagle Meet EAST, I'm in Tennessee as is EagleFreek, its kinda in the middle of the East and pretty easy to get to from about anywhere. I have lots of room for a meet along with a grill for cooking!! Nice campground at the state park here too

If there is enough interest I would volunteer to host,
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »
If you ever have a Regional meet I could probably make a TN meet no problem.

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 11:36:20 AM »
I would be willing to help out with an Eagle Meet EAST, I'm in Tennessee as is EagleFreek, its kinda in the middle of the East and pretty easy to get to from about anywhere. I have lots of room for a meet along with a grill for cooking!! Nice campground at the state park here too

If there is enough interest I would volunteer to host,

I would be interested for sure. TN is not too far from me...about 8-10 hours I think. I would love to do that.

1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk