News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• December 03, 2021, 04:53:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Visitors and Guests / Re: posting pictures
« Last post by Taylor on December 01, 2021, 08:38:17 PM »
Check the box below with the plus sign.
Sorry I missed your post earlier.
Once that is checked it will give you additional options such as notifications and picture attachments.
To attach a picture check the “choose file” box and select you photo. It must be one of the “allowed file types” for it to post.
Let me know if you have any problems or errors. Screen shots of those are also helpful if possible.
Taylor
Project Cars / Re: Eagle gt
« Last post by Budwisr on December 01, 2021, 09:33:50 AM »
 Is this on the inside of the spare tire cover by chance? Apparently, at some point, AMC was going to call the SX/4 an "Eagle GT" and not everything got changed.
« Last post by rmick on November 30, 2021, 09:30:39 PM »
1981 sales info http://amceaglesden.com/guide/1981 Doesn't meant a GT but could be a local dealership promo option.
Fuel Systems. / Re: Fuel sender Replacement
« Last post by MIPS on November 30, 2021, 07:54:05 PM »
Well I got an email back with a shipping quotation and payment authorization, so they had one at least in sock, plus they have replacement socks.
Thanks djm3452004!
« Last post by GECKO77 on November 30, 2021, 06:50:54 PM »
Its an 81
« Last post by AMC of Houston on November 29, 2021, 10:34:06 PM »
Man; I've been lucky so far to never have seen one that bad!   Altho my 200K-mile waggie is probably close from all that bouncing around.   But its not acting up -- yet.....maybe I'll put in a bottle of 2-cycle oil to lube it up!!
« Last post by MIPS on November 29, 2021, 05:13:27 PM »
\
What about American Parts Depot as suggested above?

David

I didn't see that edit until you pointed it out. Indeed there is nothing saying they are out of stock so I've placed an order and we'll see what they come back with.

I've had some luck rehab'ing OEM units simply by polishing up the coil windings (if there's not an open spot in the wire), and cleaning and bending in a bit more tension in the sliding contact.   May want to take a look at your old unit to see if its salvageable.
I did that two years ago when I replaced the entire tank just so I could fix a really annoying issue with it never going below 1/4 of a tank. I'm noticing that the winding isn't the wear point but the slider is. My junk one had completely worn down until it was a hook that snagged and wrecked itself and my working one was getting heavily worn but still useable after some adjusting. Now that it's doing dead shorts something really bad must of happened. Unfortunately I had just filled the tank two days earlier and don't have a garage so if I'm going to drop the tank in the winter I at least need to wait for it to empty out.

« Last post by AMC of Houston on November 29, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »
I've had some luck rehab'ing OEM units simply by polishing up the coil windings (if there's not an open spot in the wire), and cleaning and bending in a bit more tension in the sliding contact.   May want to take a look at your old unit to see if its salvageable.
« Last post by djm3452004 on November 29, 2021, 12:47:46 PM »
Called AMClives and they immediately bounced me over to Blaser Auto. Blaser says they are out of stock from their mexican OEM but will look into reordering and to call back in March. I'll call AMClives back to see if they have any loose units but it's not looking good. <:C

Called up Galvin as well and immediately it seems they too are out of stock but they will double check and call back later. In the meantime I've taken my spare sending unit through the sandblaster to prep it for the retrofit......

What about American Parts Depot as suggested above?

David
« Last post by MIPS on November 29, 2021, 12:43:38 PM »
Called AMClives and they immediately bounced me over to Blaser Auto. Blaser says they are out of stock from their mexican OEM but will look into reordering and to call back in March. I'll call AMClives back to see if they have any loose units but it's not looking good. <:C

Called up Galvin as well and immediately it seems they too are out of stock but they will double check and call back later. In the meantime I've taken my other junk sending unit through the sandblaster to prep it for the retrofit......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk