The Mighty 258 > Fuel Systems.

Fuel Injection Conversion

<< < (3/3)

Still Pat:
Definitely interested, if you still have it next month & wanna let it go, remind me then, please!

Taylor:
I will definitely be looking into this upgrade. My chinese knockoff motocraft 2150 worked great compared to the Carter. I just know the prior owner never maintained it properly. I think Fuel Injection is the best way to go for better power and reliability.
Thanks for the tip.
Almost forgot. what fuel pump did you use? factory mechanical or higher pressure electric?

vangremlin:
The kit comes with an inline electric fuel pump.  However, in reading the reviews from mainly Jeep guys who have used the kit, they said the fuel pump was very noisy and they recommended one that is available on Amazon, which is what I ended up going with.  I can still hear it a little bit, but not too bad.  I'm still loving the kit, I took the car into the mountains about a month ago and it performed great.  As I said earlier, one of the nice things about this kit is the computer controls the spark advance also, which is really handy when I go higher in altitude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version