The Mighty 258 > Fuel Systems.

Fuel Injection Conversion

(1/3) > >>

vangremlin:
I recently had a throttle body fuel injection kit installed on my Kammback, Pepe.  The kit came from Performance Fuel Injection Systems, and is available on eBay.

I did some of the installation myself, then took it to a local shop to have them finish it off.  I'm really pleased with the results, especially in combination with the 4.0 liter head I had installed a few years back.

I'll be uploading some pictures, which will appear over several posts.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

First photo - distributor that came with the kit.  One thing I really like about this kit is that the computer controls the advance.  This will really be nice when I head up to the mountains.  Notice not vacuum hose going to the distributor.

Second photo - MAP sensor

Third Photo - Throttle body, passenger side

Fourth photo - Throttle body, driver side.  I previously had a Motorcraft carb on this Eagle, I believe the linkage transferred directly over to the throttle body.

Fifth photo - Temp sensor in 4.0 liter thermostat housing

mudkicker715:
Obvious question to me is pepe any pepe..er. nice job by the way.

vangremlin:

--- Quote from: mudkicker715 on September 03, 2018, 07:18:24 PM ---Obvious question to me is pepe any pepe..er. nice job by the way.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  And Pepe is definitely much.....pepe-er lol.  I've noticed a lot better acceleration, and looking forward to driving it this winter with easy startups!

vangremlin:
1st photo - fuel pump blockoff plate

2nd photo - wiring harness coming through existing hole in firewall

3rd photo - I had a new cat installed with a spot for the O2 sensor

4th photo - fuel line routing (1)

5th photo - fuel line routing (2)

vangremlin:
1st photo - fuel hose routing (3)

2nd photo - fuel hose routing in engine bay (1)

3rd photo - fuel hose routing in engine bay (2)

4th photo - fuel pump

5th photo - rear fuel hose routing.  Note wire for fuel pump exiting passenger compartment from foot well of rear seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version