News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:28:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello new to the Amc eagles  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Dowler0515

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Hello new to the Amc eagles
« on: August 18, 2019, 10:59:25 PM »
 Hello I am new to the amc eagles, I just purchased a 1981 amc eagle 4 door sedan for a reasonable price it runs but  doesn’t move. The previous owner said he hit a mud hole and it would no longer move, he thinks it was a cv axel but I don’t think so. Transmission was replaced. Any tips would be greatly appreciated in solving this issue.

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
Re: Hello new to the Amc eagles
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 01:53:00 AM »
Do a search for "false neutral".  It may not be your problem but it's a place to start.

Offline Dowler0515

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »
I thought it could be that, after reading into it and looking there is a couple missing vacuum lines

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »
Welcome to the group. Lotta knowledgeable folks here. You picked a good place to look for answers.
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline Dowler0515

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »
Thank you, and thank you for the warm welcome, I’ve been looking for answers and I finials decided to become a member after purchasing the eagle

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 10:09:55 AM »
Welcome to the forums. This site has helped me keep my Eagle running. Lots of good info and very helpful people.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk