News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 05:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??  (Read 2245 times)

Offline trucker79005

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??
« on: June 20, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »
So I was trying to figure out why I was building up so much pressure in my gas tank. Figured out the vent line was pinched in between the car body and the tank. 
The vent line does a bit of a U turn and points right into the indent area where the spare tire hump is and I couldn't figure out a better way.

While researching I came across a mention of rubber bumpers for the tank. Wondering if the vent line would be ok if i could install something to keep the tank off the body. Any reason why a couple pieces of heavy duty rubber floor mat wouldn't work?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:17:14 PM by trucker79005 »
Laura (Shorty)
1978 AMC Concord 2DR Hatchback w/ Ralley package
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited w/ 5 speed
1971 Ford F250:)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Re: Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »
Use old pieces of a tire. They don't compress, absorb vibration and won't rust. They're perfect. And cheap :)

Offline trucker79005

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: Fuel Tank Rubber Bumpers??
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
Thanks! They were a booger to cut but I did that. I guess I'll see at my next stop if that was enough to let the tank vent or not.
Laura (Shorty)
1978 AMC Concord 2DR Hatchback w/ Ralley package
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited w/ 5 speed
1971 Ford F250:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk