News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 02:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Denver Member  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Murdoc1905

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
New Denver Member
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:02:11 PM »
Behold, the beautiful Bald Eagle (first person to ever make that joke I'm sure)

Hello everyone, I recently (8Jun18) purchased my first ever Eagle! She's a 1984 Sedan with 197k miles on her. Right now I'm dealing with a car that has been sitting for 5 years. Good thing I know very little about cars in general lol. But that's half the fun right?

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: New Denver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:45:10 PM »
That's a better nickname than "ChromeDome"!!    Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the Den.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »
Congratulations on your "new" Eagle and welcome to the Den!  Looks like it will be a fun project, especially if it is currently driveable.

Where are you at in Denver?  There are a few Colorado folks that still visit the Den.  I live in Centennial, near Smoky Hill and E-470.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Murdoc1905

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
I live in Idledale

Offline dkoug

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • 85 Eagle Basic
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:36:07 AM »
My second Eagle, 82 was full load limited and sold to my son 5 years ago.  Been looking for one since and found my new love 85 Basic not even a drivers side mirror.
Raised the hatch and did not need my head to hold it up. Daily driver by a 91 year old gentleman for last 20 years.  Everything seems to work and in local High School Automotive shop for good check over. Hopefully no hidden rust issues.
I am in Love Again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk