News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 06:16:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 Mountain Eaglet  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
1981 Mountain Eaglet
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:34:40 PM »
Hi everyone, another eagle in Idaho.   Actually I am just down the road from the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area.   ;D  Mountain Home is my home.

I am working on a 1981, two door, hatch back eagle with the name/decals of Mountain Eaglet. It has the iron Duke 2.5L four cylinder engine with manual transmission.
It had a 🔥 in the engine compartment and I was able to save it from being crushed.  My daily driver is a motorcycle.  There have been a few times when four wheels might be more comfortable than two.  Since I have had this Eaglet for a few years, it is about time for me to kick it out of the nest.   :)   Currently I am working on the vacuum lines.  Next should be redoing the timing.  I had an acquaintance set the distributor in place.  However, I could not get the vacuum hose on for the advance because the port was up against the block. So when I get the vacuum lines done then I'll have to find TDC and adjust timing and carb.

Do you know why Idaho is called the gem state?    Well it's not because of the gold and silver, or the Jasper, or the smoky quartz, or any of the other mineral gems; it is because this is such a beautiful state with such a mild climate. :hello2:

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: 1981 Mountain Eaglet
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »
I forgot to say that when this eagle is flying again I'll post some pictures of it and this beautiful state.

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:51:11 AM »
you go dude, there is no better car than a real AMC Eagle. finest car ever made, at least all of us here think so! good luck, gz

Offline idahoeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 02:55:34 AM »
Belated welcome from Boise.
Built 81 SX/4 under construction...
AMC 360, 727, 208, SAS GW 44 front on leafs, AMC 20 on S10 Blazer inconsiderate person pack, 33" tires, custom winch bumper, etc, etc...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk