News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 12:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silver editon Concord?  (Read 30535 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Silver editon Concord?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »
Im glad to see that some of these cars are fetching a prettier penny. Even AMC's ugly ducklings the Pacer and Gremlin are starting to become collectable to some degree. Trends are definatly shifting towards moms grocery getter. 20 years ago almost no one would have considered restoring a old wood panel family wagon. My generation was post muscle car. My childhood car memories are of  little econo-boxes when a Chevy nova was little more than a rebadged toyota. When I sit in an eagle Its like im transported back in time.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »
Im glad to see that some of these cars are fetching a prettier penny. Even AMC's ugly ducklings the Pacer and Gremlin are starting to become collectable to some degree. Trends are definatly shifting towards moms grocery getter. 20 years ago almost no one would have considered restoring a old wood panel family wagon. My generation was post muscle car. My childhood car memories are of  little econo-boxes when a Chevy nova was little more than a rebadged toyota. When I sit in an eagle Its like im transported back in time.

I'll second that statement.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 11:15:57 PM »
I wish eagles would have come out in the 79' model year...Maybe we would have had a Silver Anniversary Eagle.

79eagle

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 11:19:48 PM »
Production for Eagles did start in 1979.  Mine was built in early December.  Its just about to turn to 50,000 original miles.  Its a dream to drive after some final chassis, exhaust and carburetor work.  Alex Wade

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 11:35:55 PM »
Thats awesome....You got one of the first ones...The last Eagle built is accounted for...I often wonder if the first one may still be in existance.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »
I was on that evil auction site tonight and I found one of these bad boys for sale on there. It looks to be in good condition, but the post says needs a full restoration...It definatly needs some degree of restoration but when i think of a full restoration I think of a rolling chasis with the drive train in  the trunk....this one certainly has potential especially for the price...Concords are so much easier to work with not having all the complicated 4x components our eagles have....and they are every bit as beautiful too.

Offline DeboDaddy

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »
Here's mine!  

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:12:00 AM by DeboDaddy »

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71