News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:10:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BigGuy45 AMC Eagle Engine.  (Read 20604 times)

Offline BigGuy45

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
BigGuy45 AMC Eagle Engine.
« on: May 16, 2005, 08:25:27 PM »
Got mine here. Its got the mopar fuel injection kit on. and the wiring is messy for now. but imagine what time can do. ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 03:32:42 AM by Gil-SX4 »
1976 Jeep Wagoneer
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
no eagle for the time being. ill have one again one day.

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
Re: BigGuy45 AMC Eagle Engine.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 03:32:22 AM »
BigGuy45 I see some more Orange in your AMC Eagle future. Nice job on the fuel injection, just one question why dint you change the valve cover to the alum. one.
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline Gil-SX4

• Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:33:30 AM »
Gil, i actually have an aluminum one on order. still waiting.
Wants You.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline Gil-SX4

• Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 03:59:05 AM »
Ok I was up at early hours of the morning (Even Starwalker38 was a sleep) so I decided to mess with you and started a new board out of “Our Engines” it is now in a board by it self under the name of “Your AMC Eagle(s) Engine” so I split each member post on his AMC Eagle Engine in to a separate topic by member name and reply’s.
Hope I dint loose or place the replies in the wrong topic.
I think this looks a lot better then all under the same topic and it is cleaner.
If you don’t like it complain to IowaEagle since I don’t know how to get it back to its original set up.
If you complain too much I can always send a couple of badges from across the border to talk it over with you, there good at showing the ways of your erroneous thinking.
No not really. I do hope you like this set up better.
If not I’m sorry since I really don’t know if it could be set up to the original format.
Wants You.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law

Offline Gil-SX4

• Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 04:04:21 AM »
Oh yea some of the replies appear as if I had started them since some of them had to be copy, cut paste and edited to go on different members Your AMC Eagle(s) Engine topics to keep the constancy of the reply in accordance to the topic.
Wants You.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:39:03 PM »
Well I bought this car from BigGuy45 last Nov.and I have to say It was the engine which sold me.I haven't had a problem starting it even when it got to -12 farenheit up here in northern Vt.Its a hesco kit for the 94 jeep 4.0 engine with only minor changed to make it fit in the eagle engine bay.So very happy with it ;D,but yes it still has the plastic valve cover for now but I did get an ORANGE painted aluminum cover inc.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:05 PM »
Oh yeah He also added a Clifford header too but I dont think its visible in the shot.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don

Offline BigGuy45

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
you are correct sir. there is indeed a clifford header on that car. i put it on since i had the engine dissasembled enough to get to it easily.
1976 Jeep Wagoneer

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
tell us about the wiring!  Any diagrams or words of advice?

Thanks,

Jesse

Offline BigGuy45

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 10:53:57 PM »
what is it exactly that you want to now about the wiring.
1976 Jeep Wagoneer

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:51:57 AM »
Fuel injection wiring

Thanks,

Jesse

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 12:52:44 PM »
I have the paperwork from the conversion Ill try to scan it and send it to ya..This is a Hesco mpfi system,not the Howell TBI unit.  By the way,
great job BigGuy45.
   There is some kind of fuel pump kill switch in here,it had a 18 guage wire goin between the two wiring systems and burned out one day . I replaced it with a 12 guage wire and no problems since.

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 01:13:12 PM »
   Also check outwww.SierraJeep.com/moparmpi.htm

Offline BigGuy45

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 10:26:04 PM »
ahh glad to see the engine kill switch is working out for ya. i thought i was a good idea and it worked well for me. glad you found whatever wire that was before it became a big problem.
1976 Jeep Wagoneer

Offline olymunch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 11:56:59 PM »
Hey BigGuy45, I was wondering what the specs, year make model and trim level etc. were on your ROTM June 2005?  Verry Nice!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk