News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't sell vacuum hose anymore - offer washer-fluid hose instead!?!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
Crappy Tire store doesn't sell vacuum hose anymore.
They sell people pre-packaged washer hose, saying it's the same stuff, just passing air (their wording) instead of washer fluid.
Doesn't look or feel the same at all.

Safe to use or find "real" vacuum hose?

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: Don't sell vacuum hose anymore - offer washer-fluid hose instead!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 03:41:30 AM »
Your first problem is going to Canadian Tire. For anything.

Every other store carries it.
Napa
Carquest
Partsource
And most performance shops.

They'll cut it to the length you need.

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
Save yourself the trouble and fid fuel rated vacuum hoses.  They won't break down and fail like the washer hoses.  You can order the stuff by the reel online for cheaper than you can buy it in the store.  I ordered 6 sizes and a nice wall mount rack that holds them all.  Wasn't a lot of $$$ even w/ shipping.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:08 AM »
Ah.
Needs to be fuel rated.

Crappy Tire was right beside where I was picking up my nephew, so I stopped in.
Unfortunately, I need it now (trying to get the Eagle running by Monday, welding front clip on today), so I don't have time for an order to ship here.

Thanks!

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
I don't believe you would want to use washer hose in place of vacuum hose.Washer hose is much thinner and will start to collapse in time.I would try a different auto parts store or buy on line and same some cash.Just my two cents!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk