News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Front Subframe Replacement  (Read 15718 times)

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: Front Subframe Replacement
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »
Very cool!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline RallyX-SX/4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: Front Subframe Replacement
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »
I found some time to work on the frame donor Eagle, and the first thing I had to do was get the engine out of the car (the fire provided one more reason why plastic valve covers are a bad idea).  The front subframes could hardly be in better shape, so I'm looking forward to liberating them from the car once I remove the rest of the front suspension and the axle.  And the next time I need to buy a new battery, I'll have a very interesting core.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk