News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just sayin' hi...  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Milton Stille

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Just sayin' hi...
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:12:54 AM »
New member, new owner of a 1980 model that sat in the garage for 4 years at a house I was recently renovicted from. Figured it was uncouth to let the thing be sacrificed, so I bought it.
Here's a moment of its former glory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJS-EI-x-8E&t=63s
I'm told told that this beast once won "eagle of the month" here.

My goal is to bring this thing back to life. I know virtually nothing about cars, but as the saying goes, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
I'm sure that as repairs come together, I'm going to have a lot of questions. Thanks in advance!

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Just sayin' hi...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
Welcome to the Den!  That's a great looking car, I have the same year and model and love it.  Absolutely, if you have any questions, ask away, people around here are always willing to help!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »
Ditto on the welcome!!   I wish I would have found that car!!    I love the 2-door's!
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »
Yeah its just to bad AMC didn't continue making the Eagle two door coupe as its always been my favorite too. I like my four door sedan and wagon but the coupe is in my opinion by far the best of the best. Bar none! Its just right!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 08:41:56 PM »
Welcome to the den.

Never had a 2 door eagle, i did love my dads hornet hatchback (kinda similar, maybe). Anyway i like my sedan better than the wagons i had. I would say have fun with it, but it seems you got that already.

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk