News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 04, 2024, 11:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1984 AMC Eagle  (Read 19775 times)

Offline trout

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
Re: 1984 AMC Eagle
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
finally been tackling the transmission. while I was waiting I rebuilt the np229 transfercase but I seem to have lost all the pictures of that.

727 rebuild pictures:

dirty case:

after the pressure washer:

added an extra oil passage way:

upgraded to a bolt in sprag and kevlar rear band:

other upgrades: aluminum accumulator, extra wide billet rear servo and new pin, front servo w/ an extra o-ring, 3.8 lever, also have HD band strut and anchor.

relocated the breather, original one was tapped and plugged.

Also rebuilt the front pump, got a Hurst Quarter Stick and plan on a throttle valve cable from Bouchillion Performance for the transmission, and decided to modify a set of NP-205 twin sticks to control the transfer case (got the idea from a guy on ifsja.org who  already did it in an Eagle.)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:58:02 PM by trout »
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon w/ 1988 258 and front axle, 727/NP-229 combo, Hurst shifter + twin sticks, and power bulge hood.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk