News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 05:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Egr hole?  (Read 4336 times)

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
Egr hole?
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »
So what i thought was a separated manifold and pipe exhaust leak was actually the hole in the pipe where the egr went. The previous owner removed it and covered the hole with something but that fell off. Any one have any ideas on how to plug the hole with out taking the pipe off? can not weld.

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
Re: Egr hole?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »
Have you thought about putting the egr back in?

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
I have used a pipe thread plug for it. however iirc its not pipe thread. its been working for years however

Manitowoc WI

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 10:34:05 PM »
Not trying to be a smart  :censored: . Its just everyone takes them out. why?!?! when they are in working condition they help your motor and the enviroment a little. pcv, egr, and cats; they dont hurt your car if they are working.

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 02:04:12 AM »
I didnt take it out. And i dont wanna mess with putting it back in when its not needed. The temp sensor doesnt work anyways to run it.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
Don't forget the charcoal cannister! People take them off and it WASTES gas if you do! The vapors dump into the atmosphere when the fuel sloshes around.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 03:12:23 PM »
I don't mind the Vapor Can, wish it was a little less obtrusive though, the cat is fine so long as no one steals it for the platinum, the PCV keeps a little less oil mist out of the engine compartment, but the air injection (*&U& needs to go especially if you are going to fuel injection, and the EGR well it's just not there on the 4.0 donor, so it also won't be there on the 4.6 stroked/injected transplant.

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
i didn't know i was going to start something with this topic   :censored: :P all i wanted to know is how to plug the whole. I found a way but where can i exhaust clamps around an inch in diameter all i can find is 1 7/8.

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
Your local hardware store should have something.  I used a piping cap and a clamp designed for farm and cable use from the local Tractor Supply Co.

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
Your local hardware store should have something.  I used a piping cap and a clamp designed for farm and cable use from the local Tractor Supply Co.

Thanks!!!!!!!! i got it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk