News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 09:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What you've all been waiting for... Details for the 2011 Int'l Eagle Nest Meet!  (Read 33067 times)

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
Jim, Looked things over. IF you want to avoid as much interstate as possible, I'd suggest actually coming around the WEST side. It will still be I - 255 when you get off I - 55, but it will change to I - 270 right after you get on. Follow that to I-64 (U.S. Hwy. 40/61)that comes up & joins I - 70. Take I - 70 West (Will still be U.S. Hwy. 40/61) U.S. Hwy. 61 will split off shortly after that & that runs pretty much all the way up there.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Thanks.  We'll definitely check that out.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
 :) Hope y'all have a safe trip. Sent you with a P.M. with my number. Forget EXACTLY where you have to change when you get close, but I remember U.S. 61 runs almost all the way there. If you pull it up on Mapquest, I think it'll say & you can zoom in to see exactly where you get off.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:14:59 PM by 1OldFordMan »
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
Is any one actually going? So far I see one car, one for a day or so and a whole lot of maybes. I include myself as I may have to go to a family funeral :(

First off, my condolences for you and yours. Family is first and we have Meets every year, so don't be too bummed if you can't make it.

As far as people showing up... this happens every year. Many people say they will be here and don't show and many people never even post - but DO show up. This thread is mainly intended for a ballpark figure and honestly... lol, it's never close! The first year I hosted the Meet, I think we had around 30 people confirm in one way or another they'd be here and we ended up with around 11? I think? It's about 10-15 each year so far.

I am confident that this year will be just as good as the previous years. I wouldn't worry too much about it - it's just the nature of the beast. Stuff happens and most common folk have so much going on that they really don't know whether or not they're going to make until they are there. It's to be expected in these times.

And even if only two Eagles show up - we'll treat it just the same and still have fun! I do wish you the best and hope you can make it!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
Oh, I forgot to mention... I have not had the chance to set up the pre-order stuff for the shirts in the store. Not sure I still have the permissions, but I will try to check soon. If I cannot setup the pre-order stuff in time for the Meet, then I will still offer a discounted price for one week once we get them in the store.

Also, I had a software crash last week so the DVD's are behind yet again. Leave it to the king of procrastination to wait till the last minute to finish things up just so that I can have a problem and lose some data. I have everything backed up on external drives, but it's going to add a couple days of work that I'm not sure I have time for before the Meet. Still working on cleaning up the Sanctuary Shop a bit and organizing some stuff.

Everything else is going smoothly, make sure you guys take a look at that entry form and come prepared for the Cordova stuff. I'll keep you posted.

The AMC Eagle

Offline amcman76

• Who said Eagle's can't be fast!
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
I've been away from the nest for awhile and just learned about this after I posted the NAMDRA meet.  Wow, this is awesome Maverick.  Pretty generous of you for hosting.  I'm only just west of the Quad Cities, but work gets in the way.  If I can make it, I'll see you there. Otherwise, I'll just meet up with you at Cordova.

So the big question is...Who is draggin their Eagle?
1983 SX/4
NSG370 6 speed
GM TPI mpi injected
4.0 head
HEI ignition
2.5" exhaust

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
My Eagle just barely drags me down the highway.  It has to get us 600-700 miles back home, so I'm not about to risk it on a track. 
Besides, do they have a class they time with a calendar?
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

rohnk

I'm in the calander class as well! Hopefully will have my Eagle runing better before the meet so I can bring it along.

Can someone provide an address to Mavericke's so I know where to go? I plan to come down Friday night and stay for most of Saturday. Then I need to head back for a company picnic on Sunday.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
First time I went to Mavericke's I can a hard time finding the road.  But after I did the house was easy to spot.  At that time there were two SX/4s in the driveway.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
try finding it in the dark with a semi that has no hope of turning around.....
'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
I've been away from the nest for awhile and just learned about this after I posted the NAMDRA meet.  Wow, this is awesome Maverick.  Pretty generous of you for hosting.  I'm only just west of the Quad Cities, but work gets in the way.  If I can make it, I'll see you there. Otherwise, I'll just meet up with you at Cordova.

So the big question is...Who is draggin their Eagle?

There's a good possibility that I may be draggin mine. I don't want to give away the suprise details, but I have been working on a deal for Pat and I. That should be more than enough of a hint! The work is in progress but nothing is set in stone until it's "done". But it should be a site to see for those arriving!

Maybe Mav could park an Eagle at the end of his driveway?

LOL... yeah, I will probably park my wagon at the end of the driveway. It's really not as bad to find as alot think. It's just in the country. It's an easy "L" shape from town. It won't be too hard to spot. If I have to post signs directing traffic - I will, LOL!
The AMC Eagle

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
I hope we don't have to drag our Eagle just to get there! :o
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline neweagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Hey Mav, is there any way to purchase some parts at the meet? I can't make be there this weekend. Sounds like a great time.  Thanks, Neweagle.

Offline Jurjen

• Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
As you guys may have guessed: I'm not attending the meet.
I postponed my summer holidays, because my children deciced to move again.
I'm hanging the camper trailer behind the Peugeot 406 and will be heading to the South of France tomorrow.
Have fun and have one on me!
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Jim, Looked things over. IF you want to avoid as much interstate as possible, I'd suggest actually coming around the WEST side. It will still be I - 255 when you get off I - 55, but it will change to I - 270 right after you get on. Follow that to I-64 (U.S. Hwy. 40/61)that comes up & joins I - 70. Take I - 70 West (Will still be U.S. Hwy. 40/61) U.S. Hwy. 61 will split off shortly after that & that runs pretty much all the way up there.
Pat, it looks like we'll miss you altogether on the way up to the meet.  We're going to take a route that will take us west of the St. Louis area.
We'll see how the Eagle does on the way up.  We may be able to come through there on the way home Sunday.  Right now I just hope it gets us there.  It still doesn't want to start when warmed up.  That can make it difficult when stopping for gas.  I hope there will be some Eagle experts there that can help with it.
We'll be leaving home for Galesburg/Abingdon before daylight Wednesday.
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk