News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 06, 2024, 01:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: priya's thread on the sx/4 project  (Read 5350 times)

Offline pradtf

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
priya's thread on the sx/4 project
« on: December 18, 2009, 04:08:05 AM »
i don't know if this has been acknowledged here before, but
Priya's SX/4 project
is one of the most outstanding documentaries i've seen on a forum (and i've been around many for a long, long time)!!

as someone new to eagles and autowork of any sort, i am amazed at her presentation (words and pics), the development of her skills and knowledge, the consideration and effort she's put in to create a reference for both the experienced and us newbies!

my son and i have started studying her thread.

her work on the web rivals what she is doing in the shop and is truly an inspiration!

in friendship,
prad

Smitch

Re: priya's thread on the sx/4 project
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:19:46 AM »
Hear hear!!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 06:28:30 AM »
Well said Prad!
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:03:20 PM »
Wow!  Thanks Pradtf, that makes me feel really good.  And thankyou Smitch and Iowaeagle as well.

Offline Will

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 09:06:18 AM »
how is the project going?  I haven't seen anything new on it in quit some time.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
4.2L

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »
My husband said the same thing last night Will.  It's coming along slowly.  I find over and over I go to put something together and I don't have some clip, screw, part, or fastener and I have to order them and wait before I can proceed. I also regularly come across some sort of problem in the reassembly and I have to wait until hubby comes home for some advice or wait until the weekend so he can address the issue personally.  I'm also pretty wimpish when it comes to going outside to a stone cold garage and working for an hour and a half until the garage comes up to 40 degrees F so between the three my rate of progress has dropped considerably.

I've got the carpet cut to fit with all the necessary holes in it, a new windshield and heater core are in, new weatherstripping installed, some of the trim is on, the doors are partially reassembled. and some of the stuff is back in place in the engine compartment.  Hubby has the internals installed in the motor, the head, valve cover, and oil pan on but needs the flex plate before he can proceed further.  We have two flexplates but so far haven't been able to find either one.  I've got a tilt steering column I'm going to install and am getting ready to paint it but hubby suggested he tear it apart for me first and then it'll be easier to paint.  Hopefully he'll get that done this weekend and then I've got the column and a number of interior pieces to paint.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
I've followed this thread and read the whole thing.  I've also re-read some parts for help for my eagle project.  It has been a great project, and enjoyable.  I usually can't wait for more posts.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »
Thanks Whuntmore, hopefully I'll make some more posts soon.  I just haven't felt that I've completed anything of enough significance to warrent making a new post.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
           HI You and your hubby have got some 1st class work going on this car...very nice.............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk