News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMC eagle 1965 Rambler/AMC torque tube rear end axle length and spline count  (Read 906 times)

Offline 1981amcwagonAWD

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
I have a 1981 AMC eagle wagon I need axle I'm wondering if a axle out of a 1965  Rambler/AMC torque tube rear end would work and 1965  Rambler/AMC torque tube rear end  what the length of the axles are and spline count

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Unfortunately I doubt that will actually work as I believe those are a different length on the axle tubes which would mean the axle shaft would also be a different length I know for a fact that Pacer and Gremlin axle shafts won't work because I already tried that. Where are you located because if you're in the Southern Colorado area I actually have an axle shaft leftover from my eagle from when I did the Dana 35 axle swap out of an XJ.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk