News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 07:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Badger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Introduction
« on: March 21, 2022, 10:50:54 AM »
Hey there folks, After perusing the forums for many years iv decided to join! I have a Black 82 Eagle Limited, that iv owned for close to 16 years, It was my first car :) Im currently located in Western Colorado, which is prime Eagle country. Im finally at the point where I have the Mechanical knowledge, tools, and help to start a restoration project on my rig, and hopefully be able to jump into some mild upgrades in the near future. If you're in the area, come say hey! Ill post on SOAR my map location. Very excited to be working on my eagle again and connect with the community!

Im not sure if this photo will work but im still figuring it out!! vvv

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/badgermagic/IMG_0297.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 12:34:34 PM »
Welcome, and thanks for joining the forum.  Nice looking wagon and some great scenery.  Looking forward to following your restoration.  I live in the Denver area. 
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Badger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 05:52:32 PM »
Oh great! We will have to get together once I get my Eagle up and running  :occasion14:.. Currently figuring out the ECU bypass, Weber swap, A/C delete, and de-Smog. Thankfully we dont have emissions over here!

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 09:26:20 PM »
Nice wagon! I THINK mine came from Colo. before Brandon got it.
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline Badger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 11:08:00 AM »
Thanks! Back at ya :)  There was a very similar one for sale in my town about 5 years ago, plaid interior n such, should have swooped it! Colorado vehicles are great, not much rust typically, unless you live off I-70, where they lay down the de-icer!

Offline atmafox

• Mad Engineer
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 01:37:15 PM »
Hey there,

I'm over in Longmont myself lo same state albeit quite a ways from the western slopes. Just did a Weber swap but mine is an '80 so all the emissions equipment she had was able to be connected up with the vacuum the Weber has.  Good luck with yours!
Mine:
- 1980 AMC Eagle 2dr Sedan
- 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe

Ours:
- 1986 Toyota Pickup

Hers:
- 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
- 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac
- 1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr 4x4

His:
- 1985 Nissan 720 Pickup Deluxe King Cab 4x4

Offline Badger

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 07:58:11 PM »
Oh great, there are so many Colorado folks on here, we will all have to get together this summer!
Just finished the smog and a/c deletes, hoping to install the Weber this week!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk