News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 05:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 4th Annual 2011 AMC Eagle Nest Meet is now Underway!  (Read 41518 times)

Prafeston

Re: The 4th Annual 2011 AMC Eagle Nest Meet is now Underway!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »
Well I had quite the interesting weekend. What started out as a simple trip to STL turned into me finally being the owner of a beautiful '83.

I can thank my girlfriend for having the crazy idea to just make the trip up to the meet. Can't thank Chas enough for staying up late and letting us crash on the living room floor. Also just been a great source of Eagle knowledge. And it was his sweet lift '85 that got me to make the drive up.

We already made the drive up to Abington to the Eagle Sanctuary so we figured what's another 45 minutes to Cordova to check out the AMC Nationals. Some really awesome AMCs running around there and there just happened to be prestine '83 Eagle for sale. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but it just looked immaculate and with less than 34k original miles I just couldn't pass it up. The old man that owns it lives in STL which is about 2 hours from where I live. I gave him a deposit and will be picking it up later this week.

Thanks again Chas for organizing the meet and for the shirt and goodie bag! I felt like part of the Eagle family before I even had one of my own. And if all that wasn't enough my GF picked the goodie bag that had the "door prize" winner. Thanks for the little vacuum.

Enough talk! Here's a pic of what I hear was the first prize winner in the wagon class.

It was great meeting all of you fellow Eagle Nutz!

:eaglebig: :eaglebig:

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »
Yesterday (Friday) we worked on getting Jim's other door installed:

This morning (Saturday) we all headed out from the M.E.N.S to Cordova Ill for the AMC Nationals:

The shirt for this year:

We had 7 cars total at the raceway (6 from the 'nest, and one at the raceway):

This car was at the raceway before we got there:

It is a 1983 limited with less than 40,000 miles!   The guy brought it to sell, and a 'nester (Prafeston) ended up buying it!
This photo is for Juhap:

We entered the car show, and got some trophys:

Tomorrow we will have breakfast and head home...Rich
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:57:19 PM by rollguy »
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »

How's Jims "hard starting when hot" issue?
Still there.   He is getting his carb GRONKified, so that should fix it.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 11:14:53 PM »
Looks like today was a great day for Eagles.  Congrats on that 83 Eagle purchase.  Looks to be in pristine shape. I am glad Jim & WonderEagle got thise doors swapped finally.  Wish I could have been there. 
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

rohnk

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
Awesome to see so many awards to the group! Very nice indeed. I wish I could have stuck around a bit longer to see you all recieve the trophies.

Chas, thanks again for hosting and doing such a great job! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and get to hang out for a bit.

It was also a pleasure to meet and get to know everyone else in attandance. I will be looking forward to another meet like this in the future and by then have an Eagle that is running and ready to participate. Right now, I have to work on talking myself out of buying that Pacer I was talking about!

Cheers to all and all please drive safely. I thought everyone had great cars and each had something different to share and discuss. Like the rear bumper and tire carrier on Eagle Freak's wagon, the quadra-jet on Carver's, the window trim and wiring on Mavericke's ride, the tent on rollguys Eagle, the originality of Jim's wagon and the fuel injection setup on Earl's (sorry if that isn't right, I am terrible with names until I hang out with folks for a couple of days). Also, hats off to Prafeson for buying that limited that found it's way to Cordova. Many happy miles to look forward to there for sure!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:21:39 AM by rohnk »

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 07:35:36 PM »
I'm home and exhausted. Taking a shower and going to bed.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »
I think you can kind of see our black Jeep behind eaglefreek in that group shot of us on the road. I don't remember that one being taken!

So what were the trophies for? Were they all Eagle class trophies? Oh and who won the other door prize?

Again, was so great hanging out for a bit at AMC Nationals and I look forward to finally owning my own Eagle and I can stop drooling over everyone else's!

You can bet I'll be posting a thread with some more detailed photos of the '83 when I go to pick it up. I've already posted in the Hatchlings forum, but that was just to say hi and I was looking around so I'll probably make an "official" I have an Eagle post in there before next week if all works well with the bank!

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 09:52:30 PM »
I'm home and exhausted. Taking a shower and going to bed.
Glad you made it home safely.  We decided we had enough and stopped for the night.  We could have made it all the way but I have another day off work so we decided to stop.
Sounds like Rich had an adventure.  Mark seems to have done OK.  Haven't heard from Earl yet.  I wonder if Mav delivered his car.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
Made it home OK. Took a little longer more sceinic road home then had things to do after unloading.

rohnk

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 01:23:24 AM »
I'm home too. Pulled in around 4pm as tired as everyone else it sounds. Went to bed around 6pm and woke up at midnight for a bowl of cereal.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »
Well, I made it home about 8am on Sunday... yup, the walk from the kitchen after donuts back to bed was pretty exhausting! LOL!

Glad you all made it home safely... the only ones left on the road are Carver and Rich, right? Best wished to those guys.

Everyone was great and we had a good time this year just playing it by ear. Very laid back and fun. Everyone kept thanking me for the goodie bags and shirts, but I think you guys should thank Brandon and Doug for their help. The goodie bags this year were compiled from previous years with a couple things added. I did walk out of the house and forget the box that Brandon sent me, but there was plenty he had in there from last year in with Doug's stuff and some stuff from the years before as well. I think it turned out pretty good and what is left will be a good start for next year.

The random prizes this year worked out well too. We got a mini-vacuum donated from AutoZone that went to Prafeston, a small socket set that went to WonderEagle, and the AMC Compass that originally went to Jim who gave it to Rich since he got the compass a couple years back.

So thanks to Brandon and Doug for help this year with the Goodie bags. Thanks to Brandon for sending the banner along so we could all sign it. We decided to sign on the front this year - I hope that's ok... LOL! Just kidding. We signed on the back in the same style as last year and I think we got everyone too! So thanks again!

And thanks to everyone that trekked across the country to make it here! Even the guys that could only hang for a couple hours or a single day - every "body" counts and it's YOU guys, not me, that make these things happen each year. I hope you guys enjoyed the Sanctuary... I know, I've got my hands full and alot still to do - but it'll get there. It helps having guys like you supporting it. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I'll post what few pictures I have soon.
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
I bet Rich gets to California before I get back to the hill country

That sounds like a race!

Prafeston

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
Glad to hear everyone is making it home safely!

You better buy a squeegee cuz everyone who see your new car is going to be drooling all over it ;D  |Besides you don't think your fiancee will let you have the keys do you? My bet is on it becoming hers :) Nice girl you have there, don't let her get away.

First off lets not rush things Carver, she's only my girlfriend! :) And about her stealing my Eagle...though she does like it she got a soft spot for the Pacer when she saw that purple one at the show.

And to give her more praise I toted her and myself around this morning to get a loan and then drive back to St. Louis to pick up the Eagle...a 2 hour trip.

I can now proudly say.... I CAN FLY LIKE AN EAGLE! :)

Bought the car around 2 today and me and the lady took it for a short cruise before we parted ways. She headed back to Kansas City and I headed back to Rolla. It sucks being in a long distance relationship, but it did feel good to be behind the wheel of my new Eagle, which I have named... Trailer Queen! :) Not because she's my trailer queen, but because she sure looks like one!

Tomorrow Trailer Queen will be going to my local mechanic for a checkup and an inspection and then off to have it licensed. Cross your fingers all is well and she passes emissions and all that bs! She felt good at speed on the interstate, though anything much over 70 started making the dash shake a bit. And trying to keep her at speed on the hills was rough...heck even on the flats. No cruise is a pain!

That's all for now. Can't wait to get her out for some nice photos!

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »
congrats on finally getting you an Eagle dude.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
I finally have a few minutes for a proper post. The flu got the best of me yesterday. I struggled to make it home. I hope I didn't infect anyone. It was great meeting everyone and putting a face to the names. Mav, thanks a bunch for your hospitality and for taking us to that magic TGIFs that you had to go over the bridge 3 times before it appeared.  ;D I wish it could have been longer but I think most of us had to get back to work or other obligations. Here's a few pics I took and thought I'd share. I can't wait till next year.

I really liked this Hornet that won Best Wagon and also Participant's Choice.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:23:22 PM by eaglefreek »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk