News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:35:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RE:Neutral safety switch location on 1983 Eagle Wagon  (Read 2766 times)

Offline mramc

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
RE:Neutral safety switch location on 1983 Eagle Wagon
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »
RE:Neutral safety switch location on 1983 Eagle Wagon

The neutral safety switch seems has died a slow death on my 1983 Eagle Limited wagon with FLOOR SHIFT.
I have the car jacked up and I'm NOT finding the neutral safety switch ! Is it just buried under the transfer case, drive shaft and vacuum module and cross member or did they move it because it's a floor shift car and all of my earlier parts books , 81 service manual, and 82/83 updates supplements missed telling me ?   Is the thing there some where is did they move it? LRDaum

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
Re: RE:Neutral safety switch location on 1983 Eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »
it is on the transmission just behind the shift mechanism, above the trans pan
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline rangerfng

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 04:52:53 PM »
Can the NSS be bypassed.  After a few 100 miles I have to go digging around to reconnect it because it giggles loose

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 08:35:52 PM »
Personally I would do, it but if you can’t find a replacement connector it can be bypassed.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Online MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 12:27:48 AM »
Since Eagles use a Chrysler transmission I would expect that any other similar TorqueFlite switch will work.
The weird three pin connector the switch uses is also available as a pigtail.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:34:24 AM by MIPS »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk