News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 02:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What you've all been waiting for... Details for the 2011 Int'l Eagle Nest Meet!  (Read 32852 times)

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
I will have a 2100 equipt eagle there and i will be willing to answer any questions about it.  My wagon is also running the HEI dist setup as well.

My plains are to show up sometime on thursday that way if you need an extra 2 sets of hands on deck Mav me and the old man will be there to help ya move, set up, or do anything
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
If I have not figured out the HEI by then I want to figure out a way to get the Eagle there to get help getting it installed.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
If I have not figured out the HEI by then I want to figure out a way to get the Eagle there to get help getting it installed.
you get the car there and I will get it installed during the meet
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
I suppose I'm not very observant.  I didn't realize the plan was to install my doors Sunday.  We'll need to leave Sunday for the 2 day trip back home.  The Rev has kindly offered to help install them earlier. He seems to be lining up a lot of work for himself helping others.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
I suppose I'm not very observant.  I didn't realize the plan was to install my doors Sunday.  We'll need to leave Sunday for the 2 day trip back home.  The Rev has kindly offered to help install them earlier. He seems to be lining up a lot of work for himself helping others.

That really does not surprise me.  Bill is a helpful and extremely knowledgable guy.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85

That really does not surprise me.  Bill is a helpful and extremely knowledgable guy.
I gotta keep myself busy, There will be plenty of time to relax once I'm dead  ;D
1983 SX/4 SOLD

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Mechanic

• "This is gona be expensive....."
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 53
  • Which project to start first....
I would really love to see that Turbo in person. After now owning a Turbo Diesel Dodge which is really just a bigger version of out 258's... I'm in love with Deisels! I am determined to drop a Cummins in an Eagle without getting rid of too much of the original drive train... or at least keep it AMC. For instance, going with some AMC Wagoneer axles or something. The gears have been turning on this for awhile. I won't be pulling the trigger for quite some time though. Too many irons in the fire right now as it is. I'd be happy to be able to get Pat's Eagle and My wagon finished for the Meet though I have a feeling I'll be pushing it to get his done on time. At the very least his will be painted for the Meet and I hope to win a trophy with how purty she is this year! :D Might have to finish it and not let Pat have it back until after all the big local car shows are done around here, lol!
Just so you know, from someone else who has had the gears turning on just such a project myself. The full 6cyl cummins will not physically fit under the hood. It's to long. Been a while since I measured it, but i think it would be firewall to grill.

It's also several inches taller. So there needs to be some serious modification to get it to fit properly with the tranny and such inside the tranny hump.

And one last thing. I'm assuming you know this, but I'll say it anyways. Because the cummins is a diesle, the torque curve is much higher than a gas, and also at much lower RPM, if you bolt it up to an auto that hasn't been rebuilt to handle the low revs, it'l go bonkers lol

You probably know all this, but i just thought i'd mention what research I've done on the subject.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:06:37 AM by Mechanic »
2000 Toyota 4runner 221,000 k's (DD)
1997 Chevy S10 180,000 k's (Project car)
1988 Mazda RX-7 248,000 k's (For Sale)
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon 192,000 k's (Project car)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 65,000 k's (Restoration Project)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 140,000 k's (Trail build)
1981 Chevy Camaro Burlineta 134,000 K's (Performance build)
1977 Ford F350 Dually with dump (farm truck project)

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
Will see you folks when you get to the Cordova Meet.  I will be there @ the Holiday Inn Express as every year!  Probably not have an Eagle as I have some engines and a truckload of other parts to bring, so the J20 will likely be employed.  Who knows, if I haven't sold the SX4's by then, maybe I will tow one out!  I just can't see crushing them! 

Looking forward to September!

Jesse

rohnk

So is a swap meet part of this event as well? I need to know if I'll need my trailer with me to bring goodies home!  ;D

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Swap meet?  I would like to bring home a good blue cargo cover that rolls up without having to do it by hand.  I can trade a decent one that does not roll up.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
I'm going to try my best to be there but I just started a new job a couple weeks ago and won't know for sure until it gets closer to the date.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
Swap meet?  I would like to bring home a good blue cargo cover that rolls up without having to do it by hand.  I can trade a decent one that does not roll up.
Do you know why it does not roll up?  I believe I have 2 tan ones.  One of them rolls up.  I got it for Reverendbill, but I think he found one.  If Bill no longer needs it You're welcome to take it apart and combine it with your blue one to make one that rolls up - if that is possible.  I have not looked at it closely.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
I suggest that when the time gets closer everyone post what they would like to have.  I don't have much to offer but someone may want something I have.  I brought stuff to the last meets and no one wanted it.  I don't plan to bring a trailer this time.
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
Will see you folks when you get to the Cordova Meet.  I will be there @ the Holiday Inn Express as every year!  Probably not have an Eagle as I have some engines and a truckload of other parts to bring, so the J20 will likely be employed.  Who knows, if I haven't sold the SX4's by then, maybe I will tow one out!  I just can't see crushing them! 

Looking forward to September!

Jesse

Why would you scrap an Eagle? Bring them to the sanctuary! If you're going to come to Cordova... the sanctuary is just 45m away - you should come to the first day of the Meet.

Rohnk - we'll be doing all sorts of stuff. I'm sure a carb wouldn't be a problem.

Jim - Sorry man, I thought we cleared that up via PMs. I mentioned Sunday and you said you didn't care as long as they got done. I'm sure we can do them earlier. I just figured that would be the least busiest day. My guess is we can do them saturday night if that works for you. or depending on what time you want to leave Sunday - we could do them Sunday morning. They really won't take long at all. It's a pretty easy job.
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
I just added a poll for everyone to vote on... just trying to get a rough idea on how many people are trying to attend.

Please go back to the first page of this post and vote. Thanks!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk