News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 25, 2024, 11:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spring Plate / U-bolt Plate Help..  (Read 3301 times)

Offline ynwa

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Spring Plate / U-bolt Plate Help..
« on: April 04, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »
OK, I've ripped the whole rear end out of my sedan (check out project cars post) after finding some serious cancer on some of the suspension pieces. One of the fatalities was the left spring plate. So I have 2 questions..

1. Are there any safe 'Fabs' that I can do with some thick steel
2. Do any Nesters have any spare plates that I can buy?? (happy to repost in 'wanted') but looking for some possible ideas as there are NO eagles in any yards around these parts. (cross pollination from Cherokee perhaps?)

Thanks!
1975 J20 Pick up
1983 Eagle Wagon
1980 Eagle Sedan (2 door sport)

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Spring Plate / U-bolt Plate Help..
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 08:42:16 AM by Taylor »

Manitowoc WI

Offline ynwa

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:23:29 PM »
Haha! Ouch, that looks painful. Thank the Spaghetti Monster that my rig isn't that bad... whew. Thanks for making be feel better tho.

I'll post a howdy do in the classifieds.
1975 J20 Pick up
1983 Eagle Wagon

Offline ynwa

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: U-Bolt Plate + Spring Hanger Interchange
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »
Ok, one last kick at the can here. My local shops are having a hard time finding gear for me.
I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Cherokee XJ Hangars are compatible with the Eagle?

Insight into after market ubolt plates will be super appreciated as well.

Thanks! Getting close to install and need to gather the goods.
 :banghead:
1975 J20 Pick up
1983 Eagle Wagon

Offline BenM

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 74
  • Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
I have at least one, maybe two plates here in reasonable condition if you're interested, send me a PM.
NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk