News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 06:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: i have developed a loud humming coming from the passenger wheel bearing i think  (Read 12616 times)

Offline fulsizjeep

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
    • Jubilee Jeeps
so maybe the NAPA guy did not see "two each"   ;D  thanks again!
Flint
"Hobbes" 1984 Eagle Sport Wagon, 1990 XJ 4.0 w/EFI, TF998/NP229
SW Colorado

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29

HI      Pigonawing  did you get  your problem fixed I did not see if you did .I would like to know.If its not to much trouble I had the same sound later.............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline EAGLER

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 16
TWO SETS OF 26 BEARINGS BRAND TIMKEN OR EQUIVALENT AND 3557,3942 SEALS WILL BE REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB, AT LEAST ONE SET OF THE 26. AND THE O RING SEAL.
because nobody grows up knowing all

Offline fulsizjeep

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
    • Jubilee Jeeps
OK, now I am learning about E size sockets for those dadgum 6 point star head bolts.
I will get mine apart some day, I mean it!   ::)
Flint
"Hobbes" 1984 Eagle Sport Wagon, 1990 XJ 4.0 w/EFI, TF998/NP229
SW Colorado

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29

HI     Fulsizjeep    I haven't heard that for years .My grandfather down in missIssippi use to say that all the time  He would say dadgumet  that brings back alot of mems  good luck with the  stars
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

86wagon

i have a similar issue 86 wagon the is quite a bit of rust on all componentes so i'm starting with pulling brakes is the a compatable replacement wheel hub or should i remove and rebuild?

Offline LaGuardia

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 26
  • Now, that's what I call a ride !
    • Armati e Responsabili (sorry, only Italian)
Hey, this hub thing is getting popular, lately !

Too bad there's no complete assemblies available anymore. Rebuilding is the way to go.

I had a two weeks delay in my rebuilding process, but hopefully tomorrow I'll put it all together again, and the Eagle will be on the road again !

A BIG BIG WARNING for anyone removing their front hubs:

1) REMOVE the half-shaft first, or you'll have no way to properly engage the lower carrier bolt with the torx key.
2) USE THE PROPER TOOL to remove the 3 torx bolts that hold the carrier to the steering knuckle.

Ask me how I know...

"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear".
Oh, really ? I guess that's why I need BOTH rear bumper corner caps now. Doh !

1981 4.2 Eagle Wagon LTD (Daily Driver)
2003 Toyota RAV4 (Wife's Car)
1985 Plymouth Gran Fury (Endless Project Car)
1997 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 TB (Not Running Now)
1994 Honda Helix CN250 (My Beloved Scooter)
1975 Honda 500 FourK (Can't Remember Where I Left It)
1985 Moto Guzzi California II 1.000 (New Entry)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk