News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Back after a 9 year hiatus  (Read 1323 times)

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
Back after a 9 year hiatus
« on: September 25, 2020, 04:09:20 AM »
Hey everybody! I'm back after a 9 year hiatus, and I would first like to apologize for all the unanswered questions left in my inbox. If you would still like to contact me, hit me up on pm's.

A little about me:
I  am located in the Wiggins area of Colorado, USA. I have acreage with horses (who have partially consumed my life and money since 2016) and numerous other animals. I married a wonderful guy in 2016, and he, since 2013, also has been consuming much of my time (no regrets). I owned a 1983 Wagon that I conveted to 4.0 head, cam and EFI, with AX15 and NP249, limited interior swap and cherokee wheels. I was very active on this forum from late 2008 to 2011. A lot has happened over the years.

My Eagle and I parted ways in 2011 after I was pulled over fo excessive smoke. I checked under the hood, and EVERYTHING was coated in oil, which clearly had exited the dipstick tube. Cyl 6 had 75psi of compression. At the time, I was partially beholden to my parents for help, and they made me sell my car.

A few years ago, a friend offered me a heck of a deal on an 82 wagon with 258 and 4 speed manual. Just today, my husband gave me the OK to purchase it, and spend a good deal of money on getting it back on the road with nearly 3x the power they had stock.

I will be picking my bird up on Oct 3rd.

I will be perusing and answering EFI and tech swap questions as I am able.

Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
Re: Back after a 9 year hiatus
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 03:26:40 PM »
Welcome back Are you going with the Jeep EFI or one of the TBI kits avilailable.
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 01:44:16 AM »
Welcome back toug.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Run-AMC

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 09:50:23 AM »
What was the most challenging step for the AX-15 and manual shift transfer case install?
1982 Eagle Wagon Limited in Super Brown

More young men should work on old cars.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 01:28:37 PM »
Welcome back, glad to hear you're doing well!

Good luck on the new project.  Based on the last Eagle you had, I know you'll do a great job of keeping us informed on your progress!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »
Welcome Back, look forward to reading up on your new project.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk