News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: where is the automatic transmission dipstick on a 1983 sx/4?  (Read 2295 times)

Offline 1983EagleHatchback

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
where is the automatic transmission dipstick on a 1983 sx/4?
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:26:15 PM »
I can't locate the automatic transmission dipstick on my 1983 sx/4. Does anyone know where it is please? If you know please don't say right side or left side...tell me passenger side or driver side and please be specific, liike its near the firewall on this side, near this, etc. Thanks.

Offline Senor_taco

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • If I replace every part its a new car right?
Re: where is the automatic transmission dipstick on a 1983 sx/4?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure its on the passenger side near the fire wall, past the oil dipstick. Not 100% on this and my eagle is about 2 hours away at a buddies shop so I can't really go verify.
1972 Buick skylark custom convertible
1980 AMC eagle 2 door sport

Offline mo.eagles

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »
If it's the 6 cyl. taco is correct. It's on pass side close to the fire wall and down low . Hard to see. Pulled mine and painted it a bright safety yellow.
'85 wagon Limited   tilt wheel , cruise control
power seats ,windows and locks
rear window washer /wiper 
tach and gauge package
A/C
 '85 wagon   power windows and locks
rear window washer/wiper
factory tow package
A/C

Offline JONAS78028

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »
Maybe crawl under the car and follow it up from the bottom.
1983 Eagle Wagon 6 cylinder/Automatic 4x4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk