News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:14:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Front axle yoke  (Read 3345 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Front axle yoke
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »
Hey guys I just picked up a set of eagle diffs and I have a question. I have a regular yoke on the front and rear of my original eagles diffs. The one I just picked up has a strange looking yoke that doesn't look like the standard yoke. Are all the short Dana 30s yokes interchangeable? I should note that my eagle came with 2.35 gears, these new diffs have 3.54s out of a 4 cyl. Any help is much appreciated.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
Re: Front axle yoke
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »
 :help:
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline Jurjen

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »
A picture could help....
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
I posted this on Facebook for you. Here are the responses so far.

Should be able to swap that over no problem

Remind them that those front axles with the 2.35 ratio will not accept any other gears. Seems the carrier break for the axle with a 2.35 was 2.35. He would have to use the axles with the 3.54s.

I think he just wants to know If yoke will swap over. Sounds like he intends to put in the entire assembly
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline mo.eagles

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »
Looks very clean !! Great car to restore .  OOPS wrong spot
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:50:02 PM by mo.eagles »
'85 wagon Limited   tilt wheel , cruise control
power seats ,windows and locks
rear window washer /wiper 
tach and gauge package
A/C
 '85 wagon   power windows and locks
rear window washer/wiper
factory tow package
A/C

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 02:44:51 AM »
Hey guys thanks for the replies I don't have a picture right now. The axle is a complete assembly out of a 4 cyl. Stick car. I just wanted to know if the yokes were the same between the different Dana 30 diffs. Mine was a 2.35 originally.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 09:33:28 AM »
Most recent reply.

What is the issue? U joints? Cause i know from experience there is a different yolk used on early models
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
The yoke on the diff I just pulled out of the junkyard has a presses in style U-joint. The one from my car has the strap style yoke. What I'm asking is can I remove the strap style yoke and install it on the diff I got out of the junkyard with the press in style yoke.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk