News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 09:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Serp belt question  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Just4u2c

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Another Serp belt question
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
I honestly have spent quite a bit of time searching for this before I just posted it....
Ok I have the 81 4.2 SX/4... It has a serp belt as it was a California car.. It has A/C, Air pump, PS.... I am looking to delete the AIR for sure and possibly the A/C depending on if it works or not...
I have been looking for how to do this...
Lets just start with if I keep the A/C and delete AIR... It looks like I am going to need an idler pulley over there... Are there any pics of this done?? Any write ups???
I found this showing that is how they do it with what I want but no pictures to help..
http://amceaglesden.com/guide/index.php?title=1984_-_1988
And I can't seem to find the same thing for my year of Eagle...
Anybody got any write ups or pictures handy?
79 AMX 401 5speed
81 SX/4 still a project/winter driver
83 Spirit GT.... Still up in the air with what to do with it

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk