News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Distributor Vacuum Hookup  (Read 2645 times)

Offline byrdock

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Distributor Vacuum Hookup
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:46:57 PM »
I'm getting ready to do the ECM Test on my Eagle. It runs good as is, with the exception of fuel mileage and cold morning running, so I think it might help. Only thing I haven't been able to figure out is where to hook distributor vacuum to. Currently it is hooked to vacuum lines coming thru firewall. Are these ported or manifold? On the carter feedback carb I have a plugged line on the middle side pointing to the distributor, should it be hooked up there?
Click for Buies_Creek, NC Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Distributor Vacuum Hookup
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »
Yes. I wonder who hooked it to your heater controls?
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline 88formula

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »
HEATER CONTROLS?! Are they vac operated if you have a/c? I have  82 sx4 without a/c and the only vac lines I have inside are for the optional vac gauge and the select drive.

I MAY BE COMPLETELY WRONG, as I haven't got time to play in behind the dash, but the heater feels like it's cable operated.

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
Heater is cable operated on all Eagles.  If you have A/C there is a vacuum switch that is activated when the lever is moved to AC positions.  This controls a heater valve in the engine compartment.  You'd find that valve near the blower motor.  If you have an A/C car and can't get heat, the valve may be rusted in the A/C position, which stops coolant flow to the heater core.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk