News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2013 Eagle Meets/around the USA! Cash Prizes!  (Read 6964 times)

amcconcord

2013 Eagle Meets/around the USA! Cash Prizes!
« on: August 07, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »
To all those who say, whats is dead, let them rest in peace, WE Say Never!!!!

Our site updates are taking a little longer then expected, but we are moving foward with things that blow the mind even of solid Eagle owners, the Ban list is expected to become unbanned, for hundreds of members/ past/present will recieve emails telling them, there status on the Den, is NO BAN!

Now to 2013 Meets;
As we see it, there are really six seperate areas of the country, we need be concerned with.
North East, South East, Upper Mid West, Lower Mid West, North West, and South West.
Are new site will support for not just .jpeg, files but Multi-media as well.

If you are a DEN member, when meets are posted!
We are going to have different class prizes, like "Best in Class"," Best off the line","Best 4Wheel Pull" Ect,
We are open to any suggest-ed tittles, you come up with, Post here or create a new Subject for Tittles?

We have used Eagles as rentals in past, with great response.
This Year nobody should have to go through the year without a meet.
YES WE DID SAY CASH PRIZES! Judging still needs to worked out. But we have local sponsers in most areas of the country, Prizes will be awarded in a 50/50 split, 50% to  you, 50% to  your charity of choice.
Only the top prize of $1000.00 goes to the winner in total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you need to do, Simple,
Be a Posting Den Member, be it Heavy Eagle Stuff or good old Fun and Jokes.
We do not surpress or delete stuff posted here, its open, its for fun, it can be serious for sick Eagles!
In one section of the country we have TV Cable air time Slotted.

Without you, all Eagle onwers, We can't have meets prizes anything, we need your help? POST YOUR IDEA'S ON THE DEN, EVERYTHING WILL BE CONSIDERED!!!!

Last but never the end, my brother John, is going SouthWest to see Gil SX4, he is at present working on another Eagle
and a Wagoneer, he says hes 2 times over weight, while laughing, as we get older it happens to the Best.
The weeks spent with Gil SX4 they will be making a how to video "On how to raise your Eagle by 2 inches"
Come one, Come all to the Year of Eagle Fun.

I Like to see who can out due a Silver 25 year special Concord, modified to be a Concord/Eagle??? HA Good Luck!
Thanks
Ken
PS, I was in the hospital for a week you might have heard, but I am Okay now.

Pam, Paula, John, The 2BY2 Programers will keep things in check here.
Along with Roll Guy, 1985Amceagle, and others, we are moving on up!!!

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
Re: 2013 Eagle Meets/around the USA! Cash Prizes!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
Nice to hear that you are back to your old self again Ken.  I know there are not many Eagles here in So. Cal, so I am willing to travel to Colorado where there is the most concentration of Eagles in the country (Terry at the Rambler Ranch alone has 50+ Eagles!). There is always plenty of Eagles flying around there to have a meet, but not so many around here. There is also not much action on this site, but I hope that will change.  I monitor all three, and post whenever I can.  I think more of the folks on the other two sites should come back here, but I am sure they don't want to post the same thing on all three sites.  It would be easier if there was one, or maybe two at the most.....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »
i'm in Colorado and yes there are a lot of Eagles here and that's not counting the ones terry has.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »
I'm also in Colorado. There are also Eagles known to me in Wyoming and Kansas. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 12:37:17 AM »
An idea as far as the classes go, maybe it would be a good idea to come up with something that the poorer shape eagles would be able to compete in. I would say not too many eagles are close to being in show car condition. I think it would be neat to have something to show how capable these cars are stock, or modified.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 12:40:46 AM »
Ken, is that your Eagle Kammback? I want it to be my Eagle Kammback. Kthanx! :)
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »
I would really love something! I'm in Ohio...I know there are several east of me, and I know my car can make it to Eastern PA, but that is about as far as I can go in either direction. My caveat is that I work on weekends, so I have to work something out.

But this is great!
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline AMC1

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »
1985 AMC had an interesting thought about showing less than "trailer queens". A friend of mine who goes to shows wants me to bring one of my Eagles supposedly because people want to see it. The last show I went to was a few years ago in Milwaukee & I'd be embarrassed to see my Eagle parked next to theirs. Mine are no disgrace but they are street cars. Even with only 23K original miles & garage kept I can easily pick apart visual defects. But as a street machine I can't get down the street or highway without many honking & waving with a thumbs-up. 
1976 gremlin
pair of 1983 SX4's sports
1946 Cushman step-thru

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
Yes, folks love to see them, especially when they learn they were 4WD cars from the factory.  And, yes, most of us drive them routinely and they have that daily/frequently driven look.  Maybe at any car show there should be a frequently driven class so that trailer queens or seldom driven cars are not in play.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk