News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NAPA auto parts  (Read 4678 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
NAPA auto parts
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »
I need a brake booster and as usual I see who has the best price and what brand. I decided to go with Napa and did it online to be picked up at the store. With no exaggeration, within 30 seconds of me hitting the reserve button, the store called me to let me know the part will be in Tuesday. I was shocked at the speed. I've used Rock Auto in the past but when a core is involved it costs more to send the core back than it is worth sometimes. here's to Napa  :occasion14:.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: NAPA auto parts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
That remind me I have a reman Eagle booster/master to post for sale.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
will it fit a 86 wagon and how much?

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
I've always had pretty good luck and service from NAPA.  The only time I had a problem was when I ordered something online, and then I went to return it to a local NAPA store, which you are supposed to be able to do.  Took it to the closest NAPA and they said they didn't accept returns from online orders.  Went to a second NAPA store, they were happy to take it back.  They asked why I didn't go to the closer store and I said I did but they wouldn't accept the return.  Guy in the second store said they were supposed to.

But all in all really good service from NAPA>
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
Probably the returner didn't know about the deal for those returns and thought they would come out of his store's profit. He has to call the DC (warehouse) to get a return number for it.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
will it fit a 86 wagon and how much?

Do your lines face the motor or the fender? This one faces the fender and $100 takes it shipped in the lower 48. No core charge.

I bought it for my Spirit then I bought an Eagle for parts with the correct master. Lines towards the fender is needed to clear the 4.0L intake.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 01:44:41 AM »
I usually have good luck with NAPA. They are usually a little bit more, but for the most part they seem to know what they are talking about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk