News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sunroof Weatherstrip/Seal  (Read 15725 times)

Offline Budwisr

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 24
Re: Sunroof Weatherstrip/Seal
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
 I received the seal yesterday. It does appear to be the correct part. I actually think it is an older part with an updated number. I say this because it has a AMC/Jeep logo with no Renault, so it must be from the early 80's. One problem that I'm not real happy with is the condition. I took it out of the bag and it is rather misshaped from being in the package for 30 years. I generally prefer repo rubber parts as I've run into the same kind of problems with NOS weatherstripping when restoring my AMX. If I keep it , I'm going to have to "rejuvenate" it to soften it up. I guess at this point that is my only choice unless I come across a suitable new replacement.
I checked with roughly ten different dealers.  No luck, sadly.  I guess I'll be rigging one up.
Did you check with any other AMC parts vendors such as Blaser's , APD or South Texas AMC? They all have many NOS parts in stock that are not listed in their catalogs.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:28:51 PM by Budwisr »
Bud
 1981 SX/4
 1983 SX/4
 1987 Wrangler
 1970 AMX
 1980 Spirit AMX

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »
Yeah, I checked with all those guys.  If you don't keep it, I'll buy it.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline lonestar1947

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 07:27:18 AM »
Thanks for all the information here, I bought an Eagle Kammback that has an aftermarket Sunroof.  I'm not a fan of Sunroofs, (I never use the one on my Cadillac). but I'm stuck with what I have; I want to at least make it a factory sunroof.  Thanks for the information here, and what to look for!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure my sunroof is aftermarket. It has a black frame.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk