News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 10:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: so who is planning on attending this years meet?  (Read 18043 times)

rohnk

Re: so who is planning on attending this years meet?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »
Probably have to be the backend of the Toyota loaner I have from the dealer. I think the carb needs a rebuild on my Eagle and I don't have the time to get it done before the meet. Oh well, at least I am planning to make the meet! See you all there soon.

Dude! You've got plenty of time to rebuil that carb! Seriously, a kit is like $30 I think and even a novice can rebuild it in about an hour or so. Just get a big piece of paper under you and trace your screws and label them where they go so you don't forget. The rest is pretty easy as far as replacing gaskets and stuff. You may have a hard time "tuning" it once you get it on... but if you can just get it running well enough to drive here, then we can slap on the finishing touches when you get here! C'mon! You know you want to!

I will give it a try as I have an extra Carter carb that I can rebuild and put on. Never rebuilt a Carter before and the last carb I rebuilt was 15+ years ago! It is a 6.5 hour drive for me, so that is a lot to ask of the Eagle since I haven't done any real work on it since purchasing last December. I also want to start taking it apart to begin the restoration on it later this month. Your "peer pressure" is getting to me though!  :)

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 06:57:26 PM »
Well hey, look at it this way... 6hrs isn't too bad. If you can get her here... you'll have more heads together to help out with some minor work before you head home.

And if worste comes to worse... 6hrs isn't that bad of a haul if I HAD to tow you home. And I would if you got stuck on account of my peer pressure, lol! But you gotta buy the donuts and milk and diesel, lol!

Honestly, I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to risk it. The intelligent responsible side of me would agree... but on the other hand, I don't listen to that side much and I've driven Eagles across the country that shouldn't even be pushed across the yard with a tractor, LOL! My first Eagle was BAD... REAl bad and I drove it literally all over the country. Heck, I even put about 800 miles on a donut on the interstate, LOL! Those were my younger crazier rockstar years but I survived and have great stories for the kiddos! I took that thing from NW Illinois to Appletone, Wi and back to IL and then BACK to Appleton and then straight to Fort Worth in a one week time frame. It had no sway bar bushings so it swayed and clanged, the exhaust "ended" in front of the tranny... the tranny shifter housing was shattered so the exhaust fumes leaked into the car so we had to drive with our heads hanging out the window half the time and it was freaking 20 degress in Wi when we left and then 98 in Fort Worth... it was ridiculous! The carb was jacked up and there was a hole in the return line from the tank that spewed gas at random times. The carb would run great for days and then you'd pull into a gas station and you couldn't get it to fire up - no matter what. OH yeah and lastly? No turn signals. We had the windows down for oxygen anyways so we used hand signals. My poor brother had to drive most of the way because my license was suspended for... well, we don't need that posted here. Too many tickets ok? lol I drove that car around like that for two years. I found the nest and fixed the turn signals in 10 minutes on the side of the road and was so mad that I drove it around like that for so long over something so simple.

Anyway...

Yeah, I was pretty reckless then... but my kiddos "sobered" me up.

I bet your eagle is in much better shape... and if I can do it at 18... JOO CAN DEW EEET!!!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »
Carver... where are you coming from? And are you on your way here?
The AMC Eagle

rohnk

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
When I bought the car sight unseen, I drove it 17 hours from Nebraska back to Michigan. It was a great trip that I did a write up on in the road trip section.

If I can get it to fire tomorrow, it comes with me on Friday. I'll also bring that carb kit along with me just in case. This will be the last hoorah for the Eagle before I begin the restoration. I have a name picked out for it too which I think will fit the car nicely. Not going to say it before I start the postings about my progress though!

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 11:58:09 PM »
Sweet! I look forward to seeing you both here!
The AMC Eagle

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
WonderEAGLE and jim are at the Holiday Inn Express, Galesburg, patiently -no, wait, that's impatiently- waiting for something to happen.
309)343-7100
room 123.
Hurry before I break out the canned adult beverages!
Jimmie
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline lmhsx/4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »
Originally planned to meet up at Cordova. But plan on making the 2 hour trip after work tomorrow. Arrive about 6:45 PM.

I had attended the first meet for a couple of hours at Tama. Can not bring either one of the SX/4s. Still in project phase.  Will drive one of the DPV's.

Plan on attending a little while Friday night. Have other commitments Saturday.

I remember meeting IAEagle, Jim, 83Eagle, & allend.
1981 Eagle SX/4 I6 Manual (Project 2)
1983 Eagle SX/4 I6 Automatic (Project 1)
2002 VW Jetta TDI (Diesel)
2005 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.0 Diesel
1998 John Deere 455 (Diesel)

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
We look forward to having you here! I was at the first Meet as well, but there were a couple guys that missed in passing.
The AMC Eagle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk