News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 08:59:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Met another eagler today again  (Read 3267 times)

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Met another eagler today again
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
The first time we met we talked awhile why my case of beer got warm. Shot the sit it was good.,another time we almost now get this we talked about it. I live slap in the middle of an industrial area sort of.. I climed a sidewalk to get around a truck illegally blocking the whole street. I climbed the sidewalk next to a factory to get around to get home. He was about to do the same. Than saw me coming around on the sidewalk. He double hockey sticks if we would of had a head on collision in eagles that day. Otherwise he drove a truck while we talked sit today.

Anyway he needs an axle to his recollection its a code "L". 2.73 correct. I have a concord 3.08 and parts from a 2.37 eagle. Would any of these help his so called bearing problem. We understand the need to match gears. Can he just take my axles from the 2.37 and be happy?

Manitowoc WI

Smitch

Re: Met another eagler today again
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »
L = 2.35

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:44:17 PM »
So......... If I gave up my good axle housing parts. He is good? I should have everything for the guts of a rear 2.37

Manitowoc WI

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
Do you mean just  the shafts? They'll be the same, along with the wheel bearings (eagle to eagle). Or did he frag the carrier bearings and/or internal gears?
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »
I only know he said it whines at speed. Let's off gas it goes away. He said its not a ujoint..

Manitowoc WI

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
Oh ok gotcha, internal problems.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
Anyway.        He picked up the internals for my 2.35 set.

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk