News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 07:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Operation: Busted Knuckles  (Read 18274 times)

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
Operation: Busted Knuckles
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
Well i decided that since im working on this car that it should be posted in the correct location. This is my 87 limited wagon from the "My current obsession" post.

this is what i started with

no keys(door or ign.)
no starter(m.i.a.)
only one wiper on the front
three broken door handles
one mans word that it ran

bought it and brought it home which was an ordeal all its own. that night i had a battery and a starter in it and tried a coffee can full of keys... none worked. my buddy brought his keyring of over 200 more keys on it and got 2 door keys but no ignition keys.since i couldnt find a key i just decided to pop the key cylinder out. got her to fire up and run. next morning i drove down the road where i almost immediatly blew out a rusty brakeline. So my victory was shortlived but a victory none the less.

fast forward a few more setbacks later and i have removed te roof rack and patched the holes forevermore. as well as the hole by the opera window
i went to the junk yard today and found an old blazer just outside the office door that had keys in the ignition so i pulled the switch out and installed it in the eagle when i got home so i now can start it with out pliars.  

anything else on this project will be posted here.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:28:46 PM by brentsydlik »

Offline n9xvt

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: Operation: Busted Knuckles
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
looks like my kinda save! good job there!

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
thanks.

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »
I love before shots

this was what my wagon looked like when I rolled it off the trailer a year and some change ago
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:52:53 PM »
i got a lot dunn(done for the non rednecktified) today... a whole lotta nothin! Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there.

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:27:54 PM »
went out for a hole like 5 min today and started poking around the drivers side opera window where the rust hole was and picked at it till i made it worse... next thing i know i got the whole window out and im like " darn it, its gonna rain, why did i do this?" so now there is a trash bag taped over the window. the bag smells good though. its scented like sugar cookies...

Offline jamesdel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:53 AM »
smells good is always a plus ;) Mine still smell very mousy :( Getting kinda used to it now ! Good save

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
i need a windshield washer knob. mine looks fine but is cracked internaly and when i try to use it it just spreads open. also in need of two drivers side door handles and one pass.side door handle. if any one has any of these please let me know. thanks guys.

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
hey... its been a while. i now have possession of "the horse" as well as my original bird. after much deliberation i have decided to part out the horse. for now at least. as of right now my eagle has a full set of operational door handles as well as many other dodadds yet to be scavenged. i also started filling and sanding again. now i need to remove all the old window gunk from the drivers side opera window so that i can replace it with new window gunk and put the window back in. from there i need to finish up the tear down of the top end of the motor to replace a head gasket and the intake/exhaust gaskets, and a new valve cover gasket and the valve cover borrowed from the horse. then if that all goes well i got a whole list of stuff to keep me busy.

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
I'm in the same boat,I got a parts car recently as well;it's nice to have a parts car makes it a lot easier to find those strange little parts
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
oh i know... door handles and knobs and switches... heck even bolts for that matter!

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 12:14:06 AM »

HI       How much hay  dies that Horse eat in a days time LOL    good job

Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 01:03:08 AM »
not sure how much its eating. but it sure its turning the grass under it brown...

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »

HI     I have never seen an Eagle the color of Horse .What would you call that color......Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »
copper or horse crap... lol. i think i have to agree though. i dont recall any in that scheme. but then i am not very observant of color...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk