News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3 compliments in one day!  (Read 4880 times)

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
3 compliments in one day!
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
The girlfriend and I decided to take the SX/4 to a festival in Ligonier this weekend.  We were driving very slowly, waiting to park and a lady walked past us with her husband and said "That's a cool car."  When we parked, I was about to roll up the window and I hear "What year is your car?"  I told him and he asked if I restored it myself.  Told me it looked great and was happy to see it on the road.  Then when we were leaving, they had police officers watching traffic.  When I stopped next to them, they all walked over looking at the car and one starting asking me how much more work it needed and if the 4 wheel drive still worked ok.

Must say, it was pretty cool to have such a response in one little town!

About two weeks prior I drove it to my place to do some work.  I stopped by the hardware store my girlfriend's father works at because he hadn't seen it yet.  We were talking about 15 feet away and the two or three people that walked by stopped and took a walk around it, studying it closely.  Makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I wish I would get such a positive response from the drivers behind me when I putt along up steep grades at 35mph!  ;D
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
Re: 3 compliments in one day!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »
Way to go!!! Compliments on your ride really feel good. Keep her going!!!
Fleet:

1987 AMC Wagon 4.0L, 3" Body lift, AX15, NP242
1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1969 Mustang (A Mach 1 with a 351)
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 01:01:49 AM »
Prepare to get many many more after all that hard work you put into it to make it such a great example!

Offline iAMCheap

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • A birdsong shatters the still
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
How do you get it up to 35 mph on steep grades?   Octane booster?   Supercharger?
The blizzard goes on but still they must fly.
No one should go Where EAGLES Dare!
       TONY
 Glen Rock, PA

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »
Someone put oversize tires on or? I run up Steven's Pass at (estimated) 60 mph hauling my trailer
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk