News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMC Center Caps  (Read 2922 times)

Offline matt1971

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
AMC Center Caps
« on: July 07, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »
Hi. Matt here. I am daily driving a blue 76 AMC Pacer. I just bought an 82 AMC Concord 4 door sedan yesterday. The car has the 79-83 AMC Turbocast II wheels. The interesting thing that I found out is that the center caps on the 79-83 AMC Turbocast II wheels for the Concord/Spirit and the center caps on the 80-83 AMC Eagle are the same size, and are interchangeable! The car that I bought yesterday, is a mix of Concord/Spirit/ and Eagle parts! I named it Max, like in Mad Max! It was a car that was used in an auto shop for students. It is painted black, with a Spirit GT hood, grille, headlight buckets, and bumpers. The amber lenses from the Eagle were installed, (instead of the clear Concord/Spirit ones). The vinyl roof was removed, and the rear quarter windows were filled in. The interior is stock Concord. Nice and plush. The motor is the 258, torque command auto on the column, and a 2:35 twin grip rear end. The front and rear sway bars from the Spirit GT are in the trunk. I also got boxes of AMC parts that came with the deal. After I sort out what I all got, I will probably sell what I dont need, and sell for very reasonable prices, so I can help other AMC's stay alive. -Matt.

Offline eagleone

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 73
Re: AMC Center Caps
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
Do the center caps have the AMC logo on them? If so, I am looking for one.
1981 SX/4 (Baby Bugly))
1986 Eagle Wagon (Bugly)
"The system you are using is perfect for the results you are getting."

jackson

Re: AMC Center Caps
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »
Do you still have the center caps.  I am looking for 1 for a 78 concord, the caps i have sy american motors in red.  Jackson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk