News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 03:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 Upstate NY Eagles in one week  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
2 Upstate NY Eagles in one week
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
I've owned my Eagle almost 4 years now and have taken it all over the country but have haven't seen a single other Eagle on the road until this week and I've spotted 2! First was either a white or tan wagon possibly with wood paneling headed south to PA and the other was a really good looking black Eagle both wagons and both drivers waved. :blob1:

Didn't get a chance to snap photos of the first Eagle but here's the wagon I spotted yesterday in Endicott, NY...Mine is the very dirty one with no roof rack cross bars.

84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: 2 Upstate NY Eagles in one week
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:48:16 PM »
That's pretty sweet.  I'm 26 and lived in upstate NY until last year, and I had NEVER seen an eagle before I got mine.  I spent a year in Alfred and 3 years in Rochester for school too.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
Nice spotting Zoro!  The only Eagles I've seen on the road in the last couple years were those on the way to the Eagle Motel!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »
Nice spotting Zoro!  The only Eagles I've seen on the road in the last couple years were those on the way to the Eagle Motel!

One of these days I'm planning on making it to that M&G. Should be Eagle Ecstasy to see so many in one place!

That's pretty sweet.  I'm 26 and lived in upstate NY until last year, and I had NEVER seen an eagle before I got mine.  I spent a year in Alfred and 3 years in Rochester for school too.

I hear ya, until this past week the only other ones I've ever seen out here have either been in the boneyard or on the way to the boneyard

Ran into the tan one again and this time I had the camera handy

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
Nice spotting Zoro!  The only Eagles I've seen on the road in the last couple years were those on the way to the Eagle Motel!

One of these days I'm planning on making it to that M&G. Should be Eagle Ecstasy to see so many in one place!

That's pretty sweet.  I'm 26 and lived in upstate NY until last year, and I had NEVER seen an eagle before I got mine.  I spent a year in Alfred and 3 years in Rochester for school too.

I hear ya, until this past week the only other ones I've ever seen out here have either been in the boneyard or on the way to the boneyard

Ran into the tan one again and this time I had the camera handy

Should of stopped right there and got information from him..
Hopefully they would of stopped so it wouldn't of been an insurance exchange..
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »

LOL naw he had the red and I had the green arrow with a long line behind me. Pretty sure I'll see him again. Would have been interesting tho, how often do 2 AMC's head-on each other? :o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:02:53 PM by Zoro »

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »

LOL naw he had the red and I had the green arrow with a long line behind me. Pretty sure I'll see him again. Would have been interesting tho, how often do 2 AMC's head-on each other? :o
Hopefully not often.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk