News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stick on body moulding  (Read 3835 times)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
Stick on body moulding
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:39:39 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get the stick on moulding that seperates the lower body colour from the upper body colour as is seen  on the door in Mavericke's picture below?

[/URL]

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Stick on body moulding
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get the stick on moulding that seperates the lower body colour from the upper body colour as is seen  on the door in Mavericke's picture below?

If you search online for auto body molding you'll find a lot of options.  I don't know if you'll find an exact match but there are limitless other possibilities.  Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 04:09:45 PM »
I'm looking for this same molding. Has anyone found a source for a very close molding black/chrome/black? Would prefer to buy new moldings to install as the clear stuff over the chrome bubbles up when trying to remove old original moldings.

I tried searching online but could not find one close enough.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
If your black molding is in pretty good shape, you can get some chrome molding that is roughly the size of the "chrome" that is there now and it will turn out pretty nice.  That's what I did on the molding on my bumpers and it has held up well.  Here is something similar to what I used, you just need to find some that is the right width

https://www.autozone.com/trim-dress-up/door-edge-molding/cowles-chrome-3-4in-x-12ft-custom-trim/869846_0_0
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 05:56:24 PM »
I've actually used aluminum duct tape before to redo the shiny part - looked decent enough - and cheap, as I already had some for house A/C work.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 01:09:05 PM »
My moldings are gone from my front doors, and both doors on the passenger side. So looking for full new replacements. It's about 1-13/16" tall but I'd settle for something a little shorter or taller as long as it has black-chrome-black.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk