News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SOLD $3000 1984 Wagon Ready to Drive Home; Dayton, Ohio  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Wyoming Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
SOLD $3000 1984 Wagon Ready to Drive Home; Dayton, Ohio
« on: August 13, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
Sold Locally - thanks!

1984 Eagle Wagon in Dayton, Ohio
Mileage: 104,286
$3,000

:eaglebig:

See pictures taken 12 Aug 2015 here:  http://s743.photobucket.com/user/bdpic/slideshow/1984%20AMC%20Eagle%202015

An original Eagle ready to drive home and ready for winter!  This was my daily driver in Arizona and Washington, then became my backup.  I now live in Ohio and it did great in the snow.  Belonged to my grandfather-in-law, who took very good care and retained service records.  Has been garage-kept all but one year of the seven years I’ve had her and that was in Southern California.  I had used a car cover for the majority of time there and the weather was very nice.  I have kept well maintained and had all maintenance and repair work done at certified mechanics.  (I have maintenance records, let me know if you have specific questions).

4 Wheel drive works great, this is a model year that requires you to stop prior to switching to and from 4 wheel drive

4 Firestone Precision P205/70R15 tires mounted, balanced, and alignment and only 1547 miles on them.

Cruise Control Works!

Towing package with 1 7/8” ball never used.   Original AMC parts trailer harness installed with male receptacle for trailer included. 

Upholstery is in great condition.  Front seats were covered when I got the car (so probably on a good portion of her life!...going through the records found that they were installed in 1985!)

Carpet looks great

Comes with plug in engine heater installed

Comes with handyman jack and spare tire

Original Owner’s Manual included

Original keys, plus spares

Cargo cover included, but plastic end piece broke, so I don’t know if that’s fixable.  (pictured)

No major electrical issues, power doors work except for back passenger door does not; wire is severed, probably will work after reconnected

Very little rust

Driver rear view mirror is broken and held in place by clip (pictured); I bought replacement assembly on our forum (shout out to Mavericke!) and this will be included

A/C needs recharged, but fan works.  Still has R12 system so you can continue with this ice cold coolant at licensed shops, or convert to newer R134A system. 

Decorative stripe off back bumper, included, just needs to be re-adhered
————

An Eagle in such great over-all condition is hard to find.  Certainly, she’s not perfect and sold as is, but she is ready to drive home today.  I have clean Wyoming title.  You will need to pick up or arrange shipping and have temporary permit as there will be no license plates (just expired in May 2015).

Please contact me at [email protected] when it comes to buying details, including if you would like to make an offer.  We can arrange to go for a drive if you’d like.  Other questions feel free to post and I will do my best to answer. 

She will be on display at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base resale lot for any locals who have base access.   Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:22:28 PM by Wyoming Eagle »
1984 Eagle Wagon
1981 AMC Jeep Cherokee

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: $3000 1984 Wagon Ready to Drive Home; Dayton, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
That's a nice one! Hope it finds a good home
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Wyoming Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »
Thanks!
1984 Eagle Wagon
1981 AMC Jeep Cherokee

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »
I will be looking to purchase another vehicle in the next 30 days or so. Due to the proxy here at the bank i cannot see the photo bucket pictures. Would you mind sending some pictures to my self? Eight Five Nine 982-1348 or [email protected]. thanks alot i look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Wyoming Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 03:51:05 PM »
Will do, thanks!
1984 Eagle Wagon
1981 AMC Jeep Cherokee

Offline Wyoming Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 09:24:29 PM »
Updated photobucket with two additional pictures: my grandfather-in-law was the original owner and I am the second. He kept detailed records as I'm sure many of have seen your grandfathers/fathers do.  One pic is the original window sticker showing all the standard and optional equipment; the other is the Warranty and Maintenance Guide starting with  his first quart of oil on 11-23-1984! Cool stuff. 
1984 Eagle Wagon
1981 AMC Jeep Cherokee

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:26 PM »
I appreciate you following up with me on that! beautiful wagon! I am going over our options at the moment with the old lady. Slowly convincing her that a eagle is the vehicle of choice. If i can do so i will be contacting you!!

Offline Wyoming Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 12:47:02 PM »
Thank you. I'm hoping to find a good Eagle friendly home for her.

Sounds good, sir--good luck with the negotiations! I understand if things work out differently. Happy wife = Happy Life! I would definitely want her to be ok with it ")
1984 Eagle Wagon
1981 AMC Jeep Cherokee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk