News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 07:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SOLD: '84 Eagle Wagon with T5 manual trans, Daytona Beach, FL $800  (Read 2676 times)

Offline sentimentalmech

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0

This project car starts, idles, and revs just fine. The 258 has a lot of miles, but is strong. The transfer case, transmission and axles are in good condition; the rear axle was recently rebuilt. It has a 5-speed manual transmission.

The body is straight and has never seen bondo or any other repairs. There's some rust below the rear and rear-side windows, and in the driver floorboard where the clutch had previously leaked. Some additional surface rust here and there, but for it's remarkably clean. The original color is blue, but currently is two shades of primer gray.

I bought it 2 years ago from a colleague at Grassroots Motorsports magazine. I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting a clutch problem and have not been fully able to repair it. It won't disengage. I can give you all the details if you call, but at this point it needs either a new clutch fork, new pivot ball, or a new clutch altogether.

I'm out of time and patience for it and have fallen out of love with the project. I don't have time for it anymore with a baby girl at home. It has many other small needs, but if you can sort the clutch, it will be a running, driving project with lots of potential.

I have several boxes of interior pieces and other odds and ends, some spares, and a box of miscellaneous new parts. Tires are drivable. I do have the center caps for the front wheels. Two spare alloy wheels come with it. I also have a set of competition rally tires mounted on Eagle alloy wheels, but they're not included at this price.

It will need to be towed because:
1. The clutch doesn't work, so you can't get it into gear.
2. The brake master cylinder is not installed, because I had to remove it to access the clutch master cylinder. (The clutch is hydraulic.)

It still starts right up every time. The original Carter carburetor and mess of emissions vacuum lines has been removed, replaced with a Weber 2-barrel and Pierce Manifolds adapter.

This car has some rally provenance: It was a course sweep vehicle for events in Colorado and the New England. At the time, it was owned by the director of SCCA Pro Racing's rally division.

You can text me at 386-753-4520 or PM me.
I have more photos at:
http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5119367574.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:41:36 PM by sentimentalmech »

Offline sentimentalmech

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: '84 Eagle Wagon with T5 manual trans, Daytona Beach, FL $800
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 01:41:20 PM »
Deposit paid, pickup expected this weekend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk