News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 07:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Reverend Bill  (Read 2372 times)

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
The Reverend Bill
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
As some of you know Bill has been doing some bodywork on my Spirit lately. I was supposed to pick it up last night after I dropped a truckload of Chryslers in central PA.....

on the way into PA my semi caught on fire (minor, but it will be down a few days)

Bill came to my rescue
He took time out of his busy day to drive 100 miles to pick me up. The new plan was for me to drop him at his house and then head back to mine. After we got to his place we spent a little bit of time trying to get his Eagle to run right. Then, just as I was getting ready to leave.....
I blew a lower radiator hose.
We rushed down to the local parts store, but of course they did not have the hose in stock. So, to get me home, Bill gave me the hose off of his Kammback so I would not be stuck

This was greatly appreciated, it shows that Bill is an all-around great guy!

a couple of EGGS to him for his help on a really bad day for me!

Sean
'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

Smitch

Re: The Reverend Bill
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
 :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Three cheers for Bill!

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »
Not a problem man, You'd have done the same thing for me.  I'm glad you had an uneventful drive home ;D
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline KyleB.

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
I have never met Bill in person, but he has spent a good bit of his time helping me get through some distributor problems via PM for the past week.
Good dude for sure!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk