News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 04:20:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I delete the fuel return lines?  (Read 17668 times)

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: How do I delete the fuel return lines?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
Clear plastic one are what I use.

What I don't like about those, is they tend to haze pretty quickly, in the ones I've used.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 12:27:30 AM »
Must be something in the fuel then or the cheaper version. I use the NAPA gold in mine and except getting mud covered, it's still easy to see into a year or so later.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
Must be something in the fuel then or the cheaper version. I use the NAPA gold in mine and except getting mud covered, it's still easy to see into a year or so later.

Cheaper version, almost for sure. I got a few of them from a buddy for free.

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
If you look at the $$$ on the glass filters yhe $$$ ranges form $4 to over $50.  I'm guessing there is a huge difference in quality between them.

I would say the same with plastic filters too.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 12:42:55 PM »

Cheaper version, almost for sure. I got a few of them from a buddy for free.

Probably not alcohol rated plastic then.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk