News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: vacuum switch  (Read 2631 times)

Offline ditdit

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • dare to be different,own an AMC !
vacuum switch
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:29:58 AM »
I have a 1988 Eagle built the last month of Dec 1987 and I seem to have a slight problem , I want to replace the ported vacuum switch on the intake  but all the parts books and parts houses show a 3 port switch but the switch I have is a 4 ported switch the car is all original and was sold to a AMC dealer in Olimpia ,Washington State , I have not checked with the Jeep dealer yet , I have checked the tsb's in this site ....no help .  does any one know anything about this . 

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: vacuum switch
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 04:03:14 AM »
Look up an '88 Wrangler with 4.2L
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Online amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: vacuum switch
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
standard motor products PVS61, 5 port with one port unused. gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk