News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 10:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Chrome discs  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Petr

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Eagle 1980 Sport Wagon
Chrome discs
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
Don´t you know which kind of chrome disc I can use for my new tires ? I bought 205x75x15
I have problem to find out center bore 71,5
Eagle Sport Wagon 1980
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2007

Click for Praha, Česko Forecast" height="90" width="160     

Let's train the new generation. While we are getting old, let's train our drivers for our future !

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Chrome discs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »
For brakes or wheel covers Petr?
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 12:11:35 AM »
Ahoy Petr! jak se mas! Omlouvame se, ale nechapu vasi otazku. chces kola nebo poklice? mnoho Jeep kol se vejde vase auto. Ja nevim  jak k dispozici jsou v CR. Kdybych vam muze pomoci ziskat nektere z USA, budu rad. Moje cestina je velmi spatna, prosim odpust mi! Byl sem daleko od doma pro temer 50 let!  Na zdravi!  Jiri Zeman, Roanoke, VA USA

Offline Petr

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Eagle 1980 Sport Wagon
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »
Especially I woud need to know how is ET from factory. +/- ?? and how much.
Eagle Sport Wagon 1980
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2007

Let's train the new generation. While we are getting old, let's train our drivers for our future !

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
ahoj Petr. what is ET? are you talking about the wheel backspacing?, or about the hole size for the hub?, Again, many Jeep wheels, CJ or Cherokee will fit an Eagle. jz

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »
look at American Racing #AR895, 15"x7" size. Stock backspacing is 40mm.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
Petr, I also am not sure what you mean by ET. 

The terms I am familiar with are backspacing and offset, which are somewhat related.  This thread

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=18694.0

indicates the backspacing (measured from the back of the rim to the mounting surface) of the stock rims was 4.5". 

Offset measures the mounting surface in relation to the centerline of the wheel (as in a cross-section of the wheel, not through the bore hole).  If the mounting surface is closer to the front of the wheel, it is a positive offset.  If the mounting surface is closer to the back of the wheel, its a negative offset.

Here is a link to specs on Jeep wheels, which are similar to Eagle wheels.  This indicates that the center bore is 71.5 mm.

http://www.wheelhelp.com/Jeep_Bolt_Patterns.htm

I have the American racing #AR895 on my Kammback in the 16x7 size.  They worked great.  I think I have 215/70-16 tires on them.  I believe I tried 215/75 and there would have been some rubbing which would have required some trimming, so I didn't go for the bigger size. 

Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Petr

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Eagle 1980 Sport Wagon
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
Yes, it is if the rim is going inside, or outside the car. What I´m afraid, if I´ll buy trim with negative, wide will be inside and might be problems with turning. That waht I want to know how it is from factory.
That´s  backpasing, what we are talking about.
Eagle Sport Wagon 1980
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2007

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk