News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: exhaust donut gasket  (Read 4378 times)

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
exhaust donut gasket
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
Can't find a collector gasket or a part number for 88 258. Found 4cyl, concord, none for post 84 eagle. Any ideas anyone?

Online amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: exhaust donut gasket
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:25:02 AM »
don't think you need one, gz

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 08:26:42 AM »
I agree I don't think the eagle used one.
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:22:02 AM »
Not at the manifold to front pipe, but there is a rectangular one at the Cat inlet. Only the intake/exhaust manifold that is conjoined (gone by '82) had a donut and only 1/2 of them. The donut was built into the later cast iron models.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:24:33 AM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 12:10:57 AM »
K... cause it doesn't look like there is one there,... and after three parts store idiots I thought I found one,... I really wish I had a better flashlight right now!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »
If it's not running, put your hand down there!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 11:24:56 PM »
No gasket. Metal on metal seal.

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
If you require one for the manifold to front pipe, I have a Victor Reinz donut around somewhere in the box I'll probably never use.  I would have bought it for an 82 SX/4.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk